Jitsi Meet Electron Utils v3.0.6 fails to pass Apple notarization

Subject pretty much says it all. Updating a project from jitsi-meet-electron-utils 2.0.16 to 3.0.6 yields the following notarization errors:

err.txt (27.3 KB)

Any advice on how to proceed?

You should not have those files because we use prebuildify by default. Are you building for x64 only or making a universal build?

@saghul I’m building 2 separate installers: both x64 and arm M1.

For all transparency I should state I’m pretty much an idiot with respect to node and how it all works. All I know is I’m declaring this in my package.json:

"jitsi-meet-electron-utils": "github:jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron-utils#v3.0.6"

Try using the latest, we provide prebuilt binaries, which should avoid the problem since there are no object files lingering around.

Thanks for the help so far. I updated to 3.0.7 and I still get very similar notarization errors. One snippet as an example:

{
  "severity": "error",
  "code": null,
  "path": "***.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/@jitsi/robotjs/build/Release/obj.target/robotjs/src/snprintf.o",
  "message": "The signature algorithm used is too weak.",
  "docUrl": null,
  "architecture": "x86_64"
},

I’m confused on how npm works. Are you signing your SDK? And if so, with what algorithm?

Also for transparency this is how I’m packaging the app:

electron-packager . "MyAppName" --platform=darwin --arch=x64 --app-bundle-id="com.myapp" --app-version="${VER}" --build-version="${VER}" --extend-info my.plist

And my property list file just declares:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>BundleIsRelocatable</key>
        <false/>
        <key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key>
        <string>Camera needed for video conferencing</string>
        <key>NSMicrophoneUsageDescription</key>
        <string>Microphone needed for video conferencing</string>
        <key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key>
        <string>Access to photos for changing online picture</string>
        <key>OSAScriptingDefinition</key>
        <string>MyApp.sdef</string>
        <key>NSAppleScriptEnabled</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NSAppleEventsUsageDescription</key>
        <string>AppleEvents needed to communicate between MyApp components</string>
</dict>
</plist>

No, you are :slight_smile:

Our SDK is unsigned, and AFAICT you rebuilt it for some reason, the build directory is not part of the package, we deliver binaries.

We use electron-builder, not sure what electron-packager does differently. If it helps: GitHub - jitsi/jitsi-meet-electron: Jitsi Meet desktop application powered by

Saghul, once again - thank you.

I modified my build script to re-sign files. It all seems to be working now. Sorry for the hassle and thanks for the support.

1 Like

Glad to hear!