Jitsi meet does not work for a specific Chrome user on Mac with the latest version of the browser

jitsi meet does not work for a specific Chrome user on Mac with the latest version of the browser
For the rest of the users that connect if audio and video are heard normally but this particular user when starting in chrome cannot transmit audio and video to the other participants, as additional data I have the javascript console records and in the communication statistics looks: lost connection and gray network bars
I also clarify that I have an installation based on jitsi kubernetes in aws I have followed the entire manual and the video calls are correct except with this user

from this link you can see the chrome console logs for that particular user at the time of connecting and not having success in the audio and video transmission

Ask the user to visit https://test.webrtc.org/ — if mic & camera are OK there then WebRTC is working fine in their browser, if not then they have some mic/camera issue (maybe permissions).

Then get them to send you a screenshot of the Connectivity section; if they only have Relay connectivity then you’ll need a working TURN server setup in order for them to be able to use your self-hosted Jitsi Meet.

Ok, it should be clarified that this user when using safari on mac if he can join the meeting successfully, currently I use the 5870 stable docker image but I saw that a new update came out which is the stable-5963: release image
Could you explain to me what the turn server is and if it could be related to this particular chrome error?
thanks for your attention

The errors in your screenshot are not the root cause so are not really useful for diagnosing the issue. I wasn’t able to open the link to the full logs.

If you haven’t deployed a TURN server then some users (those that are behind a strict firewall such as you might find in a corporate network) will not be able to use your self-hosted Jitsi Meet deployment. The usual TURN server that’s deployed with Jitsi Meet is coturn, and there is some info in the Jitsi Meet handbook — although that guide won’t directly apply to a k8s deployment it should get you on the right track.

But first you should ask the user to run the troubleshooter to try to find out what the actual issue is.

here you can get the link to the user’s console logs this link is public

update it

Also some images of the error in console in this public url

you said:
“if they only have Relay connectivity then you’ll need a working TURN server”

In the connectivity section, how can I verify that the connection is only for relay, as you say? How can I do that validation?

Thank you

There are three entries under Connectivity: Relay, Reflexive and Host. When your user runs the troubleshooter, if either Reflexive or Host succeed, then their network allows direct connectivity and they don’t need to use a TURN server. If only Relay succeeds, then they do need to use a TURN server.

great, i’ll check with the user tomorrow, i have a question, if these sections you mention are blocked and if a TURN server is needed, shouldn’t safari fail the user as well? Since currently the user works fine on the same computer by simply switching from Chrome to Safari, that is, the error you mention, if so, shouldn’t it affect Safari as well? or this may change depending on the browser?
thanks for the reply

I’d usually expect a network issue like a restrictive firewall to affect all browsers equally, but not every browser implements ICE in exactly the same way, so it’s worth testing. The troubleshooter will also help you find out if their camera/mic are just not working properly in Chrome.

Excellent, thanks for the help I will be reporting tomorrow the results of the user test to continue with a possible solution to this problem that has really caused me difficulties thanks

Hello, good morning, how are you? I was doing the test with the user and the results were the following from chrome

@Sebastian_Henao_Eraz as @jbg pointed out, that user appears to be behind a restrictive firewall, so you’ll need a TURN server set up for them to connect to your deployment.

I have a question, as I understand that a TURN server is used for p2p (peer to peer) connections, that is, it redirects traffic when firewalls do not allow the connection, but my question is, the TURN server will also do its job when the the connection is not p2p?
My question is, will the TURN server also fix this restrictive firewall problem when the connection type is not p2p?

Yep, when TCP connection is required in networks with no UDP connectivity like in your case.

:+1:

want to install TURN for my own deployment, it is currently installed on kubernetes, do you recommend any guide? since as I see the jvb port for kubernetes is 30300 but in the docker version it is always spoken in the guides of the udp 10000 port they have an idea if in the kubernetes version more ports change and could give me a little idea of ​​how to start this configuration of TURN?

I am currently following this guide:
https://nimblecoders.in/add-turn-server-for-jitsi-meet/
in this part of the guide they indicate to edit the script.lua but I have doubts with these parameters
{type = “stun”, host = “<turn_server_domain>”},
{type = “turn”, host = “<turn_server_domain>”, port = <turn_server_port>},

what I understand is that turn_server_domain should be my own server dedicated to TURN
but what ports should I enable? As I understand it, they are ports 80 and 443 and write them in the TURN_SERVER_PORT parameters of the file that I name them, is this correct or am I wrong? thanks for your attention

I would also like to know why this file does not exist in my prosody container in kubernetes

nano /etc/prosody/conf.d/your-domain.com.cfg.lua
that is, the path etc / prosody does not even exist

Should I install the prosody manually? or should this already be installed? Thank you