[jitsi-meet] compile error: npm asks to rename node_modules/@babel/code-frame

I’m trying to compile jitsi-meet but can’t make it past this error:

enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename '/Users/test/jitsi-meet/node_modules/.staging/lib-jitsi-meet-13b28072/node_modules/@babel/code-frame' -> '/Users/test/jitsi-meet/node_modules/.staging/@babel/code-frame-645d68a4'

I’ve followed the instructions from https://jitsi.github.io/handbook/docs/dev-guide/dev-guide-web#running-with-webpack-dev-server-for-development, pointed package.json to a local lib-jisti-meet folder, updated nodejs to its latest version… and still the same result.

I don’t understand why it’s asking for a specific version/name for code-frame. Maybe it’s something about the @babel module?

Thanks in advance,

Same error here.

I checked the log, it says

163 silly tarball no local data for lib-jitsi-meet@file:…/lib-jitsi-meet. Extracting by manifest.
… …
171 info lifecycle lib-jitsi-meet@0.0.0~postpack: lib-jitsi-meet@0.0.0
172 silly extract lib-jitsi-meet@file:…/lib-jitsi-meet extracted to /home/ubuntu/jitsi-meet/node_modules/.staging/lib-jitsi-meet-3d5f6b82 (1784ms)
173 timing action:extract Completed in 1815ms
… …
198 verbose stack Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename ‘/home/ubuntu/jitsi-meet/node_modules/.staging/lib-jitsi-meet-3d5f6b82/node_modules/@babel/code-frame’ -> ‘/home/ubuntu/jitsi-meet/node_modules/.staging/@babel/code-frame-3c99c2a8’

There is no /home/ubuntu/jitsi-meet/node_modules/.staging afterwards… maybe there is something new or changed for this “.staging” directory that causes the error?

Thanks!

I’m having the exact same issue. this is the output of the node -v && npm -v command:

v12.19.0

Any ideas?

I found a solution:
Deleting the lib-jitsi-meet directory from jitsi-meet/node_modules RIGHT BEFORE Step 5 ([How to] How to build Jitsi Meet from source: A developer's guide): npm install lib-jitsi-meet --force && make

2 Likes