Jitsi meet broken after update ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

Hi, I just updated jitsi meet (using apt-get) now i am getting
[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]

I do see an error in jigasi.log
2021-05-14 09:27:41.226 SEVERE: [37] impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.connectAndLogin().1003 Failed to connect to XMPP service
org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLErrorException: SASLError using SCRAM-SHA-1: not-authorized
at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticationFailed(SASLAuthentication.java:292)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.parsePackets(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1100)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader.access$300(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1000)
at org.jivesoftware.smack.tcp.XMPPTCPConnection$PacketReader$1.run(XMPPTCPConnection.java:1016)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

some more errors
JVB 2021-05-14 10:09:50.000 WARNING: [1] org.glassfish.jersey.internal.inject.Providers.checkProviderRuntime: A provider org.jitsi.rest.Version registered in SERVER runtime does not implement any provider interfaces applicable in the SERVER runtime. Due to constraint configuration problems the provider org.jitsi.rest.Version will be ignored.

Jicofo 2021-05-14 10:09:38.968 WARNING: [1] FocusManager.start#134: Jicofo ID is not set correctly set (value=0). Configure a valid value [1-65535] by setting org.jitsi.jicofo.SHORT_ID in sip-communicator.properties or jicofo.octo.id in jicofo.conf. Future versions will require this for Octo.

Jicofo 2021-05-14 10:09:47.758 WARNING: [1] org.glassfish.jersey.internal.inject.Providers.checkProviderRuntime: A provider org.jitsi.rest.Version registered in SERVER runtime does not implement any provider interfaces applicable in the SERVER runtime. Due to constraint configuration problems the provider org.jitsi.rest.Version will be ignored.

May 14 10:09:28 certmanager error SSL/TLS: Failed to load ‘/etc/prosody/certs/example.com.key’: Previous error (see logs), or other system error. (for conference.example.com)

May 14 10:09:28 conference.example.com:tls error Error creating contexts for s2sin: error loading private key (system lib)

UPDATE (more logs , UPDATE fixed had to add ln -s /var/lib/prosody/example.com.key /etc/prosody/certs/example.com.key )
May 14 12:22:35 udoox86 systemd[1]: Started Prosody XMPP Server.
May 14 12:22:35 udoox86 prosody[28092]: certmanager: SSL/TLS: Failed to load ‘/etc/prosody/certs/example.com.key’: Check that the path is correct, and the file exists. (for conference.example.com)
May 14 12:22:35 udoox86 prosody[28092]: conference.example.com:tls: Error creating context for c2s: error loading private key (No such file or directory)
May 14 12:22:35 udoox86 prosody[28092]: certmanager: SSL/TLS: Failed to load ‘/etc/prosody/certs/example.com.key’: Previous error (see logs), or other system error. (for conference.example.com)
May 14 12:22:35 udoox86 prosody[28092]: conference.example.com:tls: Error creating contexts for s2sout: error loading private key (system lib)
May 14 12:22:35 udoox86 prosody[28092]: certmanager: SSL/TLS: Failed to load ‘/etc/prosody/certs/example.com.key’: Previous error (see logs), or other system error. (for conference.example.com)
May 14 12:22:35 udoox86 prosody[28092]: conference.example.com:tls: Error creating contexts for s2sin: error loading private key (system lib)

How do i solve this issue ? it was working before the update.

There’s a password mismatch.

hmm did the update change something?

I have looked at all the config files and all seems to be correct, does anyone know which files could be causing this issue?

You seem to have a few errors - Jigasi and then Jicofo. The previous one I pointed out was for Jigasi. But it doesn’t look like you even got that far. Here’s what you want to address first:

Are your keys in that directory? Are you using a self-signed cert?

I am using a self signed cert. Everything was working fine for months before the update. Going to slowly go through the logs to see what is going on.

Does anyone else have an issue with the latest stable version on ubuntu ?

Are you sure the upgrading finished without any problem?

dpkg -l "prosody*"
dpkg -l "jitsi*"

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
++±===============-============-============-=================================
ii prosody 0.11.4-1 amd64 Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server
un prosody-0.11 (no description available)
un prosody-modules (no description available)
un prosody-trunk (no description available)

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
++±=====================-===================-============-==================================================
ii jitsi-meet 2.0.5870-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.4985-1 all Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ic jitsi-meet-tokens 1.0.4481-1 all Prosody token authentication plugin for Jitsi Meet
un jitsi-meet-turnserver (no description available)
ii jitsi-meet-web 1.0.4985-1 all WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4985-1 all Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
rc jitsi-videobridge 1126-1 amd64 WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
ii jitsi-videobridge2 2.1-492-g5edaf7dd-1 all WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)

It seems that the previous system is very old and keeping the old config causes the issue because of incompatible params.

I think a fresh installation will be the fastest solution

1 Like

hmm, you may be right, seeing all sorts of issues in the logs. Normally it ask to view the maintainer’s version and i just update the config there, however not for this update.

Not having much luck getting the latest update to run, same issue as How do I troubleshoot looping of "Unfortunately something went wrong" after apt update? - #5 by some_one

Update, i did a fresh install in a vm of Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS and installed jitsi meet (stock setup testing on local lan). Still having the same connection issues.
Used this as a guide

So i am not going down a rabbit hole, does installing jitsi meet by using the following work?

wget -qO - https://download.jitsi.org/jitsi-key.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
sudo sh -c “echo ‘deb https://download.jitsi.org stable/’ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jitsi-stable.list”
apt-get install apt-transport-https
sudo apt-get -y update
sudo apt-get -y install jitsi-meet

Better follow jitsi quick install instructions. That page has all the instructions you need…

Check if you have done everything that is mentioned there.

Simply with these…may not work, as these does not contain any firewall related commands…

ok will have a look

Went through the quick start guide again with the vm, still cannot get it to work. Going to test it with a Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS install

I don’t think Ubuntu version is the issue…

Installing fresh on Ubuntu-18 is a good option though…

Been trying in a test vm, went back to 20.04.2 LTS, fresh install and all set up for local LAN, keep getting the disconnected error.
Even tried the latest nightly version and am still getting the issue.

I do not remember having this much trouble in the past getting jitsi meet to work as i was running it for months without any issues.

Going back to the drawing board to see if i missed anything.

So you only need it to work on LAN? No one is going to access it from outside the LAN?

If you are installing using IP address, try using the dns name…(adding in hosts file)

I have installed on my local ubuntu-20 vm and it works as expected…no surprises…

So you only need it to work on LAN?

No i do access it from the outside, before it broke after an update (it was running for a year without any issues). I am just trying to setup a fresh test server in a vm with basic config to see where i am going wrong so i can fix the live version. However the vm install is also having the issue.

ubuntu-20 vm and it works as expected…no surprises

Did you change much from the quick install guide?