Jitsi meet audio not working. One side sees the other participant muted

I am trying to troubleshoot end user complaints about the audio not working. Are there specific ports that need to be opened to allow two way audio and video while using this app? If so what are the required ports?

Please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.

Port 10000/UDP needs to be open and properly forwarded if behind a NAT (assuming you’re hosting your own server).

Hello Freddie, We have employees that are trying to use the service over our corporate network. Is there a list of public ips that we need to white list in order to allow for this service to work? We are not hosting our own Jitsi server. Please let me know. Thank you.

Ah, I see. If you’re able to allow traffic through port 10000/UDP for those employees, that would be the best bet, but I have a feeling this may not be an option for you. The public instance at meet.jit.si has a TURN server deployed, so media will be relayed over TCP instead through port 443. I imagine you should have port 443 opened already, but if you don’t, you’ll need to make sure it is. I don’t know if there’s an available list of IPs you can whitelist instead.

Whitelisting ips is a feature of 8x8.vc and jaas.

It looks like when we try to use the “https://meet.ffmuc.net/EWM-Online-virtuelle” there are public ips that would probably need to be white listed to be able to use. Is there any resource where I could get an up to date public ip listing for this?