Jitsi Meet app not sharing screen on JWT enabled Jitsi Server

All functionalities working fine on all platforms except sharing screen from Jitsi Android Mobile app. After sharing screen, a share screen icon is displayed below avatar on self and other participants screen but nothing gets shared. Screen sharing is possible from desktop.

This is JVB log I captured when user starts sharing screen.

JVB 2021-05-04 11:16:10.190 WARNING: [30] [confId=2384dd506fc6eaea epId=a5d81032
 gid=49631 stats_id=Rubie-i2s conf_name=lecturemark1@conference.lab.some1.in] 
AbstractEndpointMessageTransport.onMessage#79: Invalid message received (Could not resolve 
type id 'VideoTypeMessage' as a subtype of 
`org.jitsi.videobridge.message.BridgeChannelMessage`: known type ids = [AddReceiver, 
ClientHello, DominantSpeakerEndpointChangeEvent, EndpointConnectivityStatusChangeEvent, 
EndpointMessage, EndpointStats, LastNChangedEvent, LastNEndpointsChangeEvent, 
ReceiverVideoConstraint, ReceiverVideoConstraints, RemoveReceiver, 
SelectedEndpointChangedEvent, SelectedEndpointsChangedEvent, SenderVideoConstraints, 
ServerHello]
at [Source: (String)"{"colibriClass":"VideoTypeMessage","videoType":"desktop"}"; line: 1, column: 
17]): {"colibriClass":"VideoTypeMessage","videoType":"desktop"}

JVB 2021-05-04 11:16:10.190 WARNING: [30] [confId=2384dd506fc6eaea epId=a5d81032 gid=49631 stats_id=Rubie-i2s conf_name=lecturemark1@conference.lab.some1.in] AbstractEndpointMessageTransport.onMessage#79: Invalid message received (Could not resolve type id ‘VideoTypeMessage’ as a subtype of org.jitsi.videobridge.message.BridgeChannelMessage: known type ids = [AddReceiver, ClientHello, DominantSpeakerEndpointChangeEvent, EndpointConnectivityStatusChangeEvent, EndpointMessage, EndpointStats, LastNChangedEvent, LastNEndpointsChangeEvent, ReceiverVideoConstraint, ReceiverVideoConstraints, RemoveReceiver, SelectedEndpointChangedEvent, SelectedEndpointsChangedEvent, SenderVideoConstraints, ServerHello]
at [Source: (String)"{“colibriClass”:“VideoTypeMessage”,“videoType”:“desktop”}"; line: 1, column: 17]): {“colibriClass”:“VideoTypeMessage”,“videoType”:“desktop”}

@jallamsetty Any ideas?

The warning is harmless. The client now sends a new bridge message to indicate the videoType, camera/desktop so that the bridge can make last-n decisions based on the content-type and video availability. Looks like the bridge being used here doesn’t have the patch which processes these new messages. The patch was merged recently and hasn’t made it to stable yet. We should ignore the warning here and check if the media was received and routed to the other endpoints in the call.

Thanks for your reply.

It showed the same warning when I started screen share from Desktop. But screen sharing from Desktop was possible and everyone could see the screen. However, when shared from mobile app no one could see the screen. For few seconds, everyone could see black image but then it gets changed to default avatar of name initials. Also, we could not see any significant network activity, it remained merely same like audio bandwidth.

@saghul @jallamsetty These are my observation

1. When there are 2 participants, one from mobile app and another from desktop, the mobile app can share the screen and another participant from desktop can watch it. But when any 3rd user joins, the sharing becomes blank screen.

2. When there are 2 participants, both from mobile app then screen can’t be shared, it will just show a blank screen and eventually after few seconds, avatar shows with name initials.

I have followed instructions from How to install Jitsi Meet with JWT Support on Ubuntu 18.04 | ChristianCuri.dev

Are the desktop machines and your Jitsi server on the same network?

@emrah No, server is hosted at AWS mumbai.

Is the mobile app up-to-date?

@emrah Yes it is

I am having the same problem, did you solve the problem?

The problem is not yet solved