Jitsi meet app login username password (prosody)

Yes, you can.

would enabling secure domain be enough or is there any extra configuration?

THose are the steps, yeah, but it requires to configure jicofo and prosody. Have you gotten it to work on the web?

Yes. It works on the web. But in Mobile from the first time login onwards I receive an error message ‘Call Aborted’ ‘There’s already another call in progress. Please end it first and try again’. We tried closing and opening again but the result is the same.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying, I’ll take a look, I think I know what the problem is.

@saghul Thank you

any update @saghul

Ohai! We just released version 19.4, can you please give it a try?

Thank you @saghul

@saghul it is working now. Thank you very much

Glad to hear this!

1 Like

@saghul, wrong username password message not popup when i enter the wrong credentials so
There is no message stating “The meeting has not yet starred. If you are the host, please authenticate”

Hi @saghul

Along with those two messages issues described above, there seems to be an issue regarding authentication.

Moderators are prompted to authenticate at the beginning of every video conference.

For example…moderator signs in to have a video conference with a guest. Ends the conference and starts another conference with another guest and is prompted to sign in again (without having left the app)

Can you please advise how it can be fixed?

Thank you

Damn. I’ll try to look into this next week.

This is known. We don’t store the passwords, so every call is a new one really. Honestly, I don’t see us fixing this one anytime soon, as it’s not a much used feature.

An alternative could be to use JWT token based auth. Since the token is embedded in the URL the moderator would be authenticated without any prompt.

1 Like

@saghul Thanks

Hi @saghul

Thank you for your reply and honesty.

The authentication process is fine as it is.

If you do get time to look at the messages showing up properly, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again

1 Like

Hi @saghul

I hope you are well. Have you found any time yet to have a look at this?

Sorry, no, I have not. This week is pretty intense, I’m hoping to get to it next week.

I managed to find some time today. We had a bug where messages were being rendered in while, thus not visible.

Here is a PR that fixes it: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/pull/4910

1 Like

A true legend! Thank you…we will give it a go.