Jitsi meet app crashes on MacOS 11.6.5

Installed Jitsi meeting app on my MacBook running MacOS 11.6.5. When I start the app it appears to load a bunch of stuff with a progress bar moving, then exits. Here’s the entries from the system log:

Mar 28 12:56:50 Dougs-MacBook-Pro Jitsi[9722]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver: #2: No such file or directory
Mar 28 12:56:50 Dougs-MacBook-Pro Jitsi[9722]: getattrlist failed for /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Resources//GLRendererFloat.bundle/GLRendererFloat: #2: No such file or directory
Mar 28 12:56:58 Dougs-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (application.org.jitsi.8624965357.8624965575[9722]): Service exited due to SIGABRT
Mar 28 12:57:15 Dougs-MacBook-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: app<application.org.jitsi.8624965357.8624965575(501)> [12919]

I’d previously tried running the browser version in Firefox 98.0.2, but it gets to the point where it flashes up the login on the left of the screen and then the whole browser window goes solid gray.

Are you testing on meet.jit.si?

Can you run it from Terminal.app please?

It’s about an hour since I had it crash repeatedly. I just retried it by clicking the icon on my task bar and it came up and ran! So something must have been going on in the background that “fixed” it? Pretty bizarre.

But it didn’t fix my immediate need. I clicked a link on a webpage to join a meeting and the browser page goes blank, filled with grey, after flashing up the login on the left side of the page.

I’m frankly confused. Would the desktop app allow me to somehow join that meeting, or are the desktop app and the web app different products, with different purposes?

Not sure. Not really “testing”. What I did originally was click a link in my browser to join a meeting someone else was hosting. That failed to work, page went gray before I could even try to login. So I downloaded the desktop app thinking maybe that would behave better, with no real understanding of how I’d use the desktop app to connect that meeting…

The meeting link should clue you on whether the meeting is hosted on meet.jit.si or not. I have a feeling it’s not and the issue you’re reporting has to do with the server configuration (a grey screen usually points to a punctuation issue in one of the config files).

What app did you download for the meeting? The app you need can be found here:

Jitsi Meet is what failed in Firefox.

The desktop app I got is: Jitsi 2.10.5550 Open Source VoIP & Instant Messaging. Probably not the meeting app.

Looks like the meeting was hosted on meet.jit.si.

No, not the app you need. The one you need is in the link I shared above.

I’ve just installed that app, but it’s not working. I’m unable to click on the “Enter a room name for your conference or a Jitsi URL” box and get input focus to go there so I could paste the URL. Typing on the keyboard doesn’t work either.

Just retried it again after about 10 minutes delay, and this time I can paste into the box and it does open the meeting. Another “install a desktop app and it doesn’t work right away, after a delay it starts working”. Seems like something goes on in the background that is busy actually completing the installation? The instalation user interface should tell me it’s busy working.

So, web browser app continues to fail, but the desktop app looks like it will work. Will have to wait for the next meeting to come around to be sure.

You can start any new meeting to test it out.