Jitsi Jigasi Error: Transcriber is not properly configured

Hi All,
I have configured Jitsi Meet on Ubuntu over Azure. I can see the “CC” button, but when I press it, “Transcriber” joins the call and immediately disconnects with the message - “Transcriber is not properly configured
What could be the reason - how can I troubleshoot it?
I appreciate your help and inputs.

Jigasi logs will help to clue in on the problem.

Hi Freddie
I went through the jigasi logs and it seems there is some problem with SIP account. I have put a dummy account (a gmail account) and password in the sip-communicator.properties file - could that be a root cause to problem.

Do we essentially need to have a valid SIP account? Can I tweak/eliminate the SIP username and password? I am not used to SIP, and I will highly appreciate your input.

No, you don’t really need a valid SIP account for transcription to work. The message you’re getting though suggests a misconfiguration in your Jigasi sip-communication.properties.

One reason could be missing credentials, if you are using Google.

I am using Google’s Speech to Text API and the credential files is located at “/root/.config/gcloud/application_default_credentials.json” and I am referring to it in “/etc/jitsi/jigasi/config” as GOOGLE_APPLICATION_CREDENTIALS="/root/.config/gcloud/application_default_credentials.json"

Is there a resource that shows step by step installing and configuring Jigasi for transcribing ?

I really appreciate your help!

This GitHub - jitsi/jigasi: Jigasi: a server-side application acting as a gateway to Jitsi Meet conferences. Currently allows regular SIP clients to join meetings and provides transcription capabilities.

And the credentials should be “service account”

How to see jigasi log?

/var/log/jitsi/jigasi.log