Jitsi Jigasi call invite fails when meeting password is set

Is there a configuration setting that allows outbound call invitations to connect when a meeting password is set?

I completely understand an external/incomming SIP call would need to send the password info, but why does an outbound call invite initiated from Jitsi fail? If initiated from the web interface, I would think functionality should be set to allow bypassing the password since it’s initiated from a secured source (from someone in the meeting who already authenticated).

I can provide log info if someone thinks this is a setup error, but it looks like it’s by design to me.

Did you solve this problem ?
I have the same.
Without password invite working.

No, seems like a development oversight or undocumented setting. When a password is set, the outbound call never makes it to my asterisk system. In the jigasi log, i see this line:

SEVERE: [233] org.jitsi.jigasi.JvbConference.joinConferenceRoom().823 [ctx=15894645156741736005969]net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedExceptio>
<room requests a password.

In the meantime, I tell users to have people dial in themselves and use the IVR.

side thought - I like the platform, fun to play with, but I have reservations using this system in production. I continue to find show stoppers, another being that there’s also no way to implement fail2ban at the moment.

i think i resolved my problem with create in prosodyctl user jigasi on server auth.meet.jitsi.
And restart all docker container.

@B_K Nice. So, you created a jigasi user for auth.meet.jitsi (where meet.jitsi is your server’s domain?)

do the credentials need to be placed in a config file somewhere?

I currently have a jigasi user in my jigasi/sip-communicator.properties , but the user was setup under my.domain, not auth.my.domain

So propably u dont use Secure Domain configuration.

But u can create user and check if it works

I’m using secure domain, Hosts authenticate fine. However, I didn’t have jigasi user created under auth domain like you mentioned. when I created a jigasi user under auth, everything got hosed. Hosts couldn’t even login. I did a purge and reinstalled everything to get back to normal.

I’m going to shelf this for now, there’s too many undocumented settings that have domino effects.

you can read my post. i make a few test today.

1 Like