Jitsi isnt working normally

I just installed Jitsi on ubuntu 18.4 , whenever I go and create meeting it shows "unfortunately something wrong is happened " and keep reconnecting , when I checked in the error it says
"
May 22 17:26:03 portmanager error Error binding encrypted port for https: No key present in SSL/TLS configuration for https port 5281
May 22 17:26:03 portmanager error Error binding encrypted port for https: No key present in SSL/TLS configuration for https port 5281
May 22 17:26:03 modulemanager error Error initializing module ‘external_services’ on ‘meet.jh400.com’: …jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_external_services.lua:103: attempt to perform arithmetic on upvalue ‘configured_services’ (a table value)
stack traceback:
/usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:31: in function </usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:31>
…jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_external_services.lua:103: in function <…jitsi-meet/prosody-plugins/mod_external_services.lua:101>
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
/usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:31: in function </usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:28>
/usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:181: in function ‘do_load_module’
/usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:255: in function ‘load’
/usr/lib/prosody/core/modulemanager.lua:77: in function ‘?’
/usr/lib/prosody/util/events.lua:78: in function </usr/lib/prosody/util/events.lua:74>
/usr/lib/prosody/core/hostmanager.lua:113: in function ‘activate’
/usr/lib/prosody/core/hostmanager.lua:59: in function ‘?’
/usr/lib/prosody/util/events.lua:78: in function </usr/lib/prosody/util/events.lua:74>
/usr/bin/prosody:358: in function ‘prepare_to_start’
/usr/bin/prosody:427: in main chunk
[C]: ?
"

any tips ?

Thanks

Which prosody version is this?

Please check it

I wonder if the issue related to the external_services mod… I’m not expert in jitsi

I think its not compatible with your prosody version, which I want to know.

What is the output dkpg -l | grep prosody?

And this error will not trigger a reload in the webclient. Upload your js console logs.

I cant upload log here since im a new member , what should I do ?
as for the output of the command

meet.jh400.com-1621759528664.log (206.0 KB)
never mind , now i’m able to it seems

I had similar issues with the last upgrade, but since I had installed it on a production machine, I had to switch back to a snapshot before I was able to analyze the issue.

The effect was a little different though. We were able to create sessions (using ldap authentication), but when someone else joined, the connection crashed and tried to reconnect.

Pre-Upgrade the following packages were installed:

ii  jicofo                1.0-740-1           all          JItsi Meet COnference FOcus
ii  jitsi-meet            2.0.5765-1          all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-prosody    1.0.4900-1          all          Prosody configuration for Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-turnserver 1.0.4900-1          all          Configures coturn to be used with Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-meet-web        1.0.4900-1          all          WebRTC JavaScript video conferences
ii  jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4900-1          all          Configuration for web serving of Jitsi Meet
ii  jitsi-videobridge2    2.1-478-gc6da57bd-1 all          WebRTC compatible Selective Forwarding Unit (SFU)
ii  prosody               0.11.2-1            amd64        Lightweight Jabber/XMPP server

Updates that are going to be installed:

jicofo 1.0-747-1
	jitsi-meet 2.0.5870-1
	jitsi-meet-prosody 1.0.4985-1
	jitsi-meet-turnserver 1.0.4985-1
	jitsi-meet-web 1.0.4985-1
	jitsi-meet-web-config 1.0.4985-1
	jitsi-videobridge2 2.1-492-g5edaf7dd-1
	prosody 0.11.2-1+deb10u2

The only thing I had noticed was an issue with prosody’s auth_ldap during installation, but this did not happen again with prosody restarts, so I did not investigate further.

after upgrading prosody to 0.11.9-1 , now it stays ok after creating the meeting , but when someone enter it disconnect

Now it showing this in the log

note there is no ssl , this on private network ,

solved the issue in the log , and now load the private key , but the issue still , whenever someone enter it disconnect

When you see reload you need to check client logs first, not prosody.

Not sure what are the last errors, but the one uploaded are
<l._allocateConferenceFocusError>: Focus error, retry after 1000 <iq

You need to check jicofo logs for errors.

could it be this known (and unrelated) issue ?

Yep, that could be it …

solved issue , but there is one thing i wonder if one came into or not , when screen sharing it shows like infinite number of mirrors

As you said, infinite number of mirrors. Can you stop the image when you put two mirrors facing each other? This is the same you show your browser, that shows your browser, that is showing your browser …
In a meeting you don’t share the meeting as people already see it, you share a screen or your desktop or another app or another tab …

Maybe you can share for the others what was the problem, and how you solved it.

After checking jicof log , noticed I was missing ram space , made some modification and now is ok , The main issue was by upgrading prosody to be compatible with the other packages ,
Thanks for the support

For someone who runs into this issue in future, the answer is not helpful.

You might be more specific about what you have done, like for ram space and what’s the prosody version before and now, so that those changes would be helpful for users.

1 Like