Jitsi for University

Hello,

I work at a University in Mexico and due to the COVID19 contingency, we have had to move into teaching online through LMS and Video Conferencing, I’m looking into using Jitsi for our Video Conferencing needs and would like to install it on a DigitalOcean server, but I’m wondering if someone could help me figure out what size of a server (CPU, RAM, Bandwidth) I would need in order to be able to work with our teachers and students.

We have around 4000 people that might end up using the app, but I think it would be around 200 or 300 people simultaneously on different Rooms.

Does anyone have any idea of what I would need in order to work with these amount of people?

Thank you very much!

Bruno

1 Like

Its definately possible. Kindly visit our article on how you can scale jitsi for that large audience.

1 Like

You can also find a very useful benchmark here

ok, “jitsi benchmarks” was very helpful. what about memory requirements, though?

About 8GB ram is a good starting point. But depends on your conference sizes. See our short piece on that

If you need any extra help or coaching join our telegram group.

thanks

It looks like the link (or site itself) is down. Is it because you are working on that?