Jitsi.example.org:end_conference error No muc_component specified. No muc to operate on!

Hi,
thx damenco for pointing me to the forum, unfortunately ur hint ( prosody error log #1255) doesnt fix or explain the error.

The error in the /var/log/prosody/prosody.err:

Nov 11 20:35:04 jitsi.example.org:end_conference error No muc_component specified. No muc to operate on!

I do have muc_component set in config.avail/jitsi.example.cfg.lua
"muc_component = “conference.example.org

Any hint on how to fix this?

Thanks.

hm, might it be possible that it was fixed with yesterdays update?

Does end conference work for you now?

Just tried it again with a short meeting and all went fine, so no more prosody.err entries - as I did upgrade yesterday I think that did the trick—will monitor and report back if popping in again. Thanks so far!

1 Like

no it is back, after ending meeting:

Nov 12 19:01:53 jitsi.example.com:end_conference error No muc_component specified. No muc to operate on!
Nov 12 19:58:03 jitsi.example.com:end_conference error No muc_component specified. No muc to operate on!

seems to pop-in after restarting (I did: “Now restarting prosody jicofo jitsi-videobridge2 and coturn …”)

can/should I provide more information?

But is end meeting working? Can you mask your personal info and share your prosody config?

@damencho : sure, pls find attached - note, the turnserver is pointing to a currently running turnserver on my other device (“normal” prosody with stun/turn - visible also with different ports)

https://paste.debian.net/1260762/

that message is normal.

So you say end conference does not work for you? Any js console errors or prosody errors when that happens?

@damencho - just tried it again, meeting was fine without error but I could force the error by restarting the complete system (pi), that was filling the prosody.err log:

end_conference error No muc_component specified. No muc to operate on!

If the message is “normal” shouldnt it be suppressed?

I’m asking for third time, Ignoring the message does end meeting works for you?

A PR is welcome, this was recently contributed by a community member.

ignoring works, as it is not a functional limitation, just unnecessary entry one worries about if appearing in an *.err logfile …

Feature request: remove confusing “error” message in prosody.err while system restarts #12562