[jitsi-dev] XMPP File transfers broken

I've emailed a few times to the list with no response about XMPP file transfers being broken and had no response.

Can I provide more info?
Other logs?
XML logs from end client?
No one else has this problem?
Anyone receiving this email?

Here is the error from my last file transfer attempt (outbound)

10:08:40.786 SEVERE: impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetFileTransferJabberImpl.run().622 An exception occured while transfering file:
error writing to output stream:
   -- caused by: java.io.IOException: Error while closing stream: No response from server.
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransfer.writeToStream(FileTransfer.java:219)
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer$2.run(OutgoingFileTransfer.java:233)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Nested Exception:
java.io.IOException: Error while closing stream: No response from server.
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession.closeByLocal(InBandBytestreamSession.java:213)
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession.close(InBandBytestreamSession.java:153)
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IQIBBOutputStream.writeToXML(InBandBytestreamSession.java:768)
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.flushBuffer(InBandBytestreamSession.java:707)
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.writeOut(InBandBytestreamSession.java:679)
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.write(InBandBytestreamSession.java:641)
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransfer.writeToStream(FileTransfer.java:217)
     at org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer$2.run(OutgoingFileTransfer.java:233)

Hi Craig,

I don't have much experience with xmpp, however the stacktrace says "no response from server". Which server are the sender and reciever using?

I know that file transfers has worked for me at least.

// Markus

···

Craig Chandler <craig.chandler@gmail.com> wrote:

I've emailed a few times to the list with no response about XMPP file
transfers being broken and had no response.

Can I provide more info?
Other logs?

10:08:40.786 SEVERE:
impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetFileTransferJabberImpl.run().622 An
exception occured while transfering file:
  -- caused by: java.io.IOException: Error while closing stream: No
response from server.
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransfer.writeToStream(FileTransfer.java:219)
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer$2.run(OutgoingFileTransfer.java:233)
Nested Exception:
java.io.IOException: Error while closing stream: No response from
server.
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession.closeByLocal(InBandBytestreamSession.java:213)
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession.close(InBandBytestreamSession.java:153)
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IQIBBOutputStream.writeToXML(InBandBytestreamSession.java:768)
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.flushBuffer(InBandBytestreamSession.java:707)
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.writeOut(InBandBytestreamSession.java:679)
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.write(InBandBytestreamSession.java:641)
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransfer.writeToStream(FileTransfer.java:217)
    at
org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.OutgoingFileTransfer$2.run(OutgoingFileTransfer.java:233)

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Openfire is the server

Old Jitsi versions worked fine
Other clients work fine
When Jitsi is sending the receiver gets an a file transfer stopped when the file stops due to the exception
When Jitsi is receiving the sender will continue to send the file through to completion even though the Jitsi client has stopped due to the error

···

On 20/12/2012 6:20 PM, Markus Kilås wrote:

Hi Craig,

I don't have much experience with xmpp, however the stacktrace says "no response from server". Which server are the sender and reciever using?

I know that file transfers has worked for me at least.

// Markus

Craig Chandler <craig.chandler@gmail.com> wrote:

I've emailed a few times to the list with no response about XMPP file
    transfers being broken and had no response.

Can I provide more info?
    Other logs?

10:08:40.786 SEVERE:
    impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetFileTransferJabberImpl.run().622 An
    exception occured while transfering file:
    -- caused by:java.io <http://java.io>.IOException: Error while closing stream: No
    response from server.
    at
    org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransfer.writeToStream(FileTransfer.java:219)
    at
    at
    java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Nested Exception:
    java.io <http://java.io>.IOException: Error while closing stream: No response from server.
    at
    org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession.closeByLocal(InBandBytestreamSession.java:213)
    at
    org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession.close(InBandBytestreamSession.java:153)
    at
    org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IQIBBOutputStream.writeToXML(InBandBytestreamSession.java:768)
    at
    org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.flushBuffer(InBandBytestreamSession.java:707)
    at
    org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.writeOut(InBandBytestreamSession.java:679)
    at
    org.jivesoftware.smackx.bytestreams.ibb.InBandBytestreamSession$IBBOutputStream.write(InBandBytestreamSession.java:641)
    at
    org.jivesoftware.smackx.filetransfer.FileTransfer.writeToStream(FileTransfer.java:217)
    at

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.