[jitsi-dev] XMPP and untrusted certs

Hey

When a Jabber account wants to connect to a server whose certificate isn't trusted by default, we ask the user. (OK so far) But if the user selects cancel now (he doesn't trust the cert), we connect over and over again. Disabling the account has no effect and is not saved on restart; removing it altogether is impossible (Jitsi hangs).

Could someone take a look at that?

Ingo

Hi Ingo,

I will take a look at this these days.

Thanks for the report.
damencho

···

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Bauersachs Ingo <ingo.bauersachs@fhnw.ch> wrote:

Hey

When a Jabber account wants to connect to a server whose certificate isn't trusted by default, we ask the user. (OK so far) But if the user selects cancel now (he doesn't trust the cert), we connect over and over again. Disabling the account has no effect and is not saved on restart; removing it altogether is impossible (Jitsi hangs).

Ingo

Hey,

I've just committed a fix for that, after you cancel the certificate
the account will go silently to unregistered with reason: user request
and will no longer bother the user.

Cheers
damencho

···

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Damian Minkov <damencho@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi Ingo,

I will take a look at this these days.

Thanks for the report.
damencho

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Bauersachs Ingo > <ingo.bauersachs@fhnw.ch> wrote:

Hey

Ingo

I've just committed a fix for that, after you cancel the certificate
the account will go silently to unregistered with reason: user request
and will no longer bother the user.

Perfect!

Thanks,
Ingo