[jitsi-dev] Welcome to our GSoC 2017 students

Hello everyone,

A quick announcement about our participation in Google Summer of Code 2017. As you might know, Jitsi has been accepted as an organization this year, and earlier today the list of accepted students was officially announced.

We have 4 students this year:

Nik Vaessen will be joining us for the second time, and he will work on improving the speech-to-text implementation that he did last year.

Julian Chukwu will be working on bandwidth estimation in jitsi-videobridge, specifically he will implement the newer sender-side scheme based on transport-cc.

Han Gyeol Oh will be working on the jitsi-meet-electron project.

Chunxu Tang will be adding some face recognition features to jitsi-meet.

We are all very excited about these projects, and about the opportunity to work with these students. Expect interesting contribution this summer!

Some have already introduced themselves and participated in discussions here on the list, but let me say it officially: welcome!

Regards,
Boris

Welcome folks! I’m really glad you chose Jitsi for GSoC and look forward to mentoring some of you :slight_smile:

···

On May 5, 2017, at 05:33, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hello everyone,

A quick announcement about our participation in Google Summer of Code 2017. As you might know, Jitsi has been accepted as an organization this year, and earlier today the list of accepted students was officially announced.

Nik Vaessen will be joining us for the second time, and he will work on improving the speech-to-text implementation that he did last year.

Julian Chukwu will be working on bandwidth estimation in jitsi-videobridge, specifically he will implement the newer sender-side scheme based on transport-cc.

We are all very excited about these projects, and about the opportunity to work with these students. Expect interesting contribution this summer!

Some have already introduced themselves and participated in discussions here on the list, but let me say it officially: welcome!

--
Saúl

Thank you.
Feels good to be part of Jitsi Community
Julian.

···

On Friday, May 5, 2017 9:28 AM, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <scorretge@atlassian.com> wrote:

On May 5, 2017, at 05:33, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Welcome folks! I’m really glad you chose Jitsi for GSoC and look forward to mentoring some of you :slight_smile:

--
Saúl