I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights (java.net
Developer role) to Boris Grozev.
Boris has started contributing about a month ago and has already
accumulated quite a record. During the last few weeks he has:
* Patched the “sound selection file manager will not enter non-empty
directories” problem reported on the dev mailing list.
* Implemented supported for changing passwords from within Jitsi on XMPP
servers that support it.
* Added a password strength meter to XMPP password changes and other
* Fixed the possibility to disable/enable smileys.
* Fixed the AIM account registration link.
* Added an empty png for spellcheck languages without a flag and that
were appearing with the American one.
* Fixes an exception that used to occur when an account is enabled
through the options window while trace logging is on.
* Implemented the possibility to configure different codec preferences
for every XMPP and SIP account in Jitsi.
* [my personal favorite] Added support for the IETF Opus codec.
* Fixed a problem that prevented Jitsi from using formats that are
disabled by default.
* Made my fingers hurt from applying his patches
So therefore, according to the procedure described in , I am calling
this vote on granting him the java.net Developer role. Please vote on
[ ] +1 Accept Boris as a committer.
[ ] 0 Does not matter to me.
[ ] -1 Reject Boris as a committer.
Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since
they show the general opinion of the Jitsi community.
 Becoming a Jitsi Committer - https://jitsi.org/commitaccess