[jitsi-dev] [VOTE] Ivan Vergiliev for committer

Hello all,

I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights (java.net Developer role) to Ivan Vergiliev.

Ivan started contributing in June this year and since then has submitted a number of useful patches:

* Contributed last message correction for XMPP (XEP-0308) together with the necessary user interface.

* Provided a patch removing yellow background from chat area when the corrected message will be send as a new message.

* Added support for proper editing of messages with smilies and newline characters

* Some refactorings in the chat window interface related code.

* Fixed incorrect HTML rendering in the chat window.

Some more info:

Ivan is a last year student in Computer Science in Sofia University, Bulgaria. He started working on Jitsi as part of a student project and ever since he has continued improving his implementation as well as committing patches for other existing issues. His patch count may be slightly lower than what we generally have during a dev vote, but he has been very responsible, very mature in his ideas and implementations. Also his eagerness to continue contributing and his great programming skills have convinced me that he's ready for the developer role.

So therefore, according to the procedure described in [0], I am calling this vote on granting him the java.net Developer role. Please vote on the following:

[ ] +1 Accept Ivan as a committer.
[ ] 0 Does not matter to me.
[ ] -1 Reject Ivan as a committer.

Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since they show the general opinion of the Jitsi community.

Cheers,
Yana

[0] Becoming a Jitsi Committer - https://jitsi.org/commitaccess

[ V ] +1 Accept Ivan as a committer.

--sent from my mobile

···

On Dec 5, 2012 1:22 AM, "Yana Stamcheva" <yana@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights (java.netDeveloper role) to Ivan Vergiliev.

Ivan started contributing in June this year and since then has submitted a
number of useful patches:

* Contributed last message correction for XMPP (XEP-0308) together with
the necessary user interface.

* Provided a patch removing yellow background from chat area when the
corrected message will be send as a new message.

* Added support for proper editing of messages with smilies and newline
characters

Some more info:

Ivan is a last year student in Computer Science in Sofia University,
Bulgaria. He started working on Jitsi as part of a student project and ever
since he has continued improving his implementation as well as committing
patches for other existing issues. His patch count may be slightly lower
than what we generally have during a dev vote, but he has been very
responsible, very mature in his ideas and implementations. Also his
eagerness to continue contributing and his great programming skills have
convinced me that he's ready for the developer role.

So therefore, according to the procedure described in [0], I am calling
this vote on granting him the java.net Developer role. Please vote on the
following:

Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since
they show the general opinion of the Jitsi community.

Cheers,
Yana

[ v ] +1 Accept Ivan as a committer.

···

On Dec 5, 2012, at 1:22 AM, Yana Stamcheva <yana@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights (java.net Developer role) to Ivan Vergiliev.

Ivan started contributing in June this year and since then has submitted a number of useful patches:

* Contributed last message correction for XMPP (XEP-0308) together with the necessary user interface.

* Provided a patch removing yellow background from chat area when the corrected message will be send as a new message.

* Added support for proper editing of messages with smilies and newline characters

Some more info:

Ivan is a last year student in Computer Science in Sofia University, Bulgaria. He started working on Jitsi as part of a student project and ever since he has continued improving his implementation as well as committing patches for other existing issues. His patch count may be slightly lower than what we generally have during a dev vote, but he has been very responsible, very mature in his ideas and implementations. Also his eagerness to continue contributing and his great programming skills have convinced me that he's ready for the developer role.

So therefore, according to the procedure described in [0], I am calling this vote on granting him the java.net Developer role. Please vote on the following:

Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since they show the general opinion of the Jitsi community.

Cheers,
Yana

[ v ] +1 Accept Ivan as a committer.

···

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Yana Stamcheva <yana@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hello all,

Some more info:

Cheers,
Yana

+1 Accept Ivan as a committer

···

On 05.12.2012, at 02:22, Yana Stamcheva <yana@jitsi.org> wrote:

[V] +1 Accept Ivan as a committer.

As written earlier, the more the better.

···

Am 05.12.2012 01:22, schrieb Yana Stamcheva:

Hello all,

Some more info:

Cheers,
Yana

[ X ] +1 Accept Ivan as a committer.

Le 05/12/2012 01:22, Yana Stamcheva a �crit :

···

Hello all,

Some more info:

Cheers,
Yana

+1 Accept Ivan as a committer.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Koos Pol

···

--
http://www.malarianomore.org
Voor $10,= een muskietennet + distributie + voorlichting + nazorg + evaluatie.

Hi,

We are now ready to close this vote.

Vote summary:

+1 Accept Tom as a committer: Emil Ivov, Craig Chandler, Yana Stamcheva, Damian Minkov, Lyubomir Marinov, Tom Denham, Jean Lorchat, Vincent Lucas, Buddy Butterfly, Sebastien Vincent, Boris Grozev, Koos Pol

0 Does not matter to me: 0

-1 Reject Tom as a committer: 0

Congratulations Ivan, you're now officially part of the Jitsi dev team!
Glad to have you among us!

Cheers,
Yana

···

Hello all,

Some more info:

Cheers,
Yana

[ V ] +1 Accept Ivan as a committer.

···

On 5/12/2012 10:25 AM, Emil Ivov wrote:

···

Hi there,

Jean

···

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Tom Denham <Tom.Denham@metaswitch.com>wrote:

> I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights (java.netDeveloper role) to Ivan Vergiliev.

Hey guys,

Thank you all for the positive reaction! I'm glad to be a part of the team!

As Yana mentioned, I'm in the final year of my BSc in Computer Science from
Sofia University. I started programming back in high school mainly for
programming competitions. Since I'm in uni I've done some internships and
I'm currently working on a (somewhat unrelated) platform for distributed
rendering. I've been quite busy lately, but I'll do my best to come up with
some patches every now and then.

Cheers,
Ivan

···

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Yana Stamcheva <yana@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi,

We are now ready to close this vote.

Vote summary:

+1 Accept Tom as a committer: Emil Ivov, Craig Chandler, Yana Stamcheva,
Damian Minkov, Lyubomir Marinov, Tom Denham, Jean Lorchat, Vincent Lucas,
Buddy Butterfly, Sebastien Vincent, Boris Grozev, Koos Pol

0 Does not matter to me: 0

-1 Reject Tom as a committer: 0

Congratulations Ivan, you're now officially part of the Jitsi dev team!
Glad to have you among us!

Cheers,
Yana

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights (java.netDeveloper role) to Ivan Vergiliev.
>
> Ivan started contributing in June this year and since then has submitted
a number of useful patches:
>
> * Contributed last message correction for XMPP (XEP-0308) together with
the necessary user interface.
>
> * Provided a patch removing yellow background from chat area when the
corrected message will be send as a new message.
>
> * Added support for proper editing of messages with smilies and newline
characters
>
> * Some refactorings in the chat window interface related code.
>
> * Fixed incorrect HTML rendering in the chat window.
>
> Some more info:
>
> Ivan is a last year student in Computer Science in Sofia University,
Bulgaria. He started working on Jitsi as part of a student project and ever
since he has continued improving his implementation as well as committing
patches for other existing issues. His patch count may be slightly lower
than what we generally have during a dev vote, but he has been very
responsible, very mature in his ideas and implementations. Also his
eagerness to continue contributing and his great programming skills have
convinced me that he's ready for the developer role.
>
> So therefore, according to the procedure described in [0], I am calling
this vote on granting him the java.net Developer role. Please vote on the
following:
>
> [ ] +1 Accept Ivan as a committer.
> [ ] 0 Does not matter to me.
> [ ] -1 Reject Ivan as a committer.
>
> Note: Votes from non-developers (non-binding votes) are encouraged since
they show the general opinion of the Jitsi community.
>
> Cheers,
> Yana
>
> [0] Becoming a Jitsi Committer - https://jitsi.org/commitaccess
>

Vincent

Le 05/12/2012 13:09, Jean Lorchat a �crit :

···

Hi there,

Jean

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Tom Denham <Tom.Denham@metaswitch.com>wrote:

I would like to call a vote for granting commit rights (java.netDeveloper role) to Ivan Vergiliev.