[jitsi-dev] Videobridge on Raspberry Pi

Hi,

Anyone having experience with running the Jitsi Videobridge on an
Raspberry Pi?

I have got it to start but the "create videobrige" from Jitsi fails.
This is of course expected as the native libraries are not compiled for
ARM however I did not see any specific error message about that.

Error message in Jitsi:

videobridge-out.txt (13.7 KB)

···

---
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
Failed to create a call to caroline@example.com/jitsi-2aq3rgu
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:2638)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:457)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:279)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:310)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:33)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.AbstractOperationSetTelephonyConferencing.createConfCall(AbstractOperationSetTelephonyConferencing.java:368)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetVideoBridgeImpl.createConfCall(OperationSetVideoBridgeImpl.java:92)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.call.CallManager$InviteToConferenceBridgeThread.run(CallManager.java:3145)
Caused by:
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
Failed to allocate colibri channel.
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:2636)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.TransportManagerJabberImpl.startCandidateHarvest(TransportManagerJabberImpl.java:422)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.IceUdpTransportManager.startCandidateHarvest(IceUdpTransportManager.java:607)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.TransportManagerJabberImpl.startCandidateHarvest(TransportManagerJabberImpl.java:487)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.harvestCandidates(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:1126)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.createContentList(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:468)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.initiateSession(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:344)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallJabberImpl.initiateSession(CallJabberImpl.java:771)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:438)
  ... 6 more
---

Videobridge output is attached.

Cheers,
Markus

Hello,

Hi,

Anyone having experience with running the Jitsi Videobridge on an
Raspberry Pi?

I ran it once -- it worked (with video only) for a two-way call, but it
was dropping packets. Audio wouldn't work because of missing native
libraries. I don't think it's usable for anything but an experiment, the
hardware is just not enough.

I have got it to start but the "create videobrige" from Jitsi fails.
This is of course expected as the native libraries are not compiled for
ARM however I did not see any specific error message about that.

Just a suggestion, I am not at all sure that it will help: try a second
call. I have observed that sometimes the first call after a restart of
the bridge will fail like this (with the client timing out).

Regards,
Boris

···

On 12/30/13 10:07 PM, Markus Kil�s wrote: