[jitsi-dev] VB: Will there be any new updates to jitsi for android?

Hi,

I have for a long time been a fan of your application but now there's been a couple of years since you released the Android, Nightly, experimental version for Alpha warriors.

Are you having plans on releasing a stable version or does "jitsi meet" complement/replace all the ZRTP and encryption methods used in the jitsi-version I am refering to?

If not, I would kindly suggest to either remove the unstable, nightly version or just go out with the information that the project is on-hold.

Thanks for a great work and wish you all the luck with establishing a big place on the market [:blush:]

Best regards,

Fredrik Wessberg

I have for a long time been a fan of your application but now there's been a
couple of years since you released the Android, Nightly, experimental version
for Alpha warriors.

Are you having plans on releasing a stable version or does "jitsi meet"
complement/replace all the ZRTP and encryption methods used in the jitsi-
version I am refering to?

If not, I would kindly suggest to either remove the unstable, nightly version
or just go out with the information that the project is on-hold.

https://jitsi.org/Documentation/FAQ#android
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-android

Thanks for a great work and wish you all the luck with establishing a big
place on the market

Best regards,
Fredrik Wessberg

Ingo

Hi Fredrik,

I’m afraid Jitsi for Android is no longer in development (as stated on the GitHub page). We do have a Jitsi Meet app on the Play Store, though it’s not functionally equivalent.

Jitsi Meet uses a WebRTC stack, so it uses DTLS-SRTP instead of ZRTP, and it’s designed primarily with multiparty conferencing in mind.

Cheers,

···

On Mar 3, 2017, at 08:27, Fredrik Wessberg <fredrik.wessberg@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have for a long time been a fan of your application but now there's been a couple of years since you released the Android, Nightly, experimental version for Alpha warriors.
Are you having plans on releasing a stable version or does "jitsi meet" complement/replace all the ZRTP and encryption methods used in the jitsi-version I am refering to?

If not, I would kindly suggest to either remove the unstable, nightly version or just go out with the information that the project is on-hold.

Thanks for a great work and wish you all the luck with establishing a big place on the market <OutlookEmoji-:blush:.png>

--
Saúl