[jitsi-dev] UnsatisfiedLinkError when running in Eclipse on Mac

Hi,

I hope this is a simple question, but I have not been able to find an answer anywhere yet.

When I run Jitsi from Eclipse on a Mac (Snow Leopard) I get the dreaded UnsatisfiedLinkError. I have tried several mutations of the PATH environment variable, added absolute and relative java.library.path settings to the VM Arguments, and specified the JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH env var. Keep getting the same error.

Running the Mac binary works fine. I Even copied the jnlibs from the binary into the lib/native/mac folder, thinking that maybe there was something wrong with that lib, all to no avail.

Warning: Failed to register our command line argument handler. We won't be able to handle command line arguments.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.setAEGetURLListener(Lnet/java/sip/communicator/util/launchutils/AEGetURLEventHandler$IAEGetURLListener;)V
  at net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.setAEGetURLListener(Native Method)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.<init>(AEGetURLEventHandler.java:34)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.LaunchArgHandler.<init>(LaunchArgHandler.java:171)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.LaunchArgHandler.getInstance(LaunchArgHandler.java:184)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.launcher.SIPCommunicator.main(SIPCommunicator.java:98)

Any Help is higly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Try using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable instead of PATH variable (set as lib/native/mac or absolute path of lib/native/mac).

Regards,

···

--
Seb

Le 17/06/11 14:10, Erwin Hogeweg a �crit :

Hi,

I hope this is a simple question, but I have not been able to find an answer anywhere yet.

When I run Jitsi from Eclipse on a Mac (Snow Leopard) I get the dreaded UnsatisfiedLinkError. I have tried several mutations of the PATH environment variable, added absolute and relative java.library.path settings to the VM Arguments, and specified the JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH env var. Keep getting the same error.

Running the Mac binary works fine. I Even copied the jnlibs from the binary into the lib/native/mac folder, thinking that maybe there was something wrong with that lib, all to no avail.

Warning: Failed to register our command line argument handler. We won't be able to handle command line arguments.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.setAEGetURLListener(Lnet/java/sip/communicator/util/launchutils/AEGetURLEventHandler$IAEGetURLListener;)V
at net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.setAEGetURLListener(Native Method)
at net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.<init>(AEGetURLEventHandler.java:34)
at net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.LaunchArgHandler.<init>(LaunchArgHandler.java:171)
at net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.LaunchArgHandler.getInstance(LaunchArgHandler.java:184)
at net.java.sip.communicator.launcher.SIPCommunicator.main(SIPCommunicator.java:98)

Kind Regards,

Erwin

Please look for AEGetURLEventHandler in build.xml on the subject of
how it is to be loaded into Jitsi, it's not a regular JNI library.

Thanks Sebastien,

I tried that, same error. Even set the env variable:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/erwin/work/sip-communicator/lib/native/mac

Still the same issue.

···

On Jun 17, 2011, at 8:47 AM, Sebastien Vincent wrote:

Hi Erwin,

Try using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable instead of PATH variable (set as lib/native/mac or absolute path of lib/native/mac).

Regards,
--
Seb

Le 17/06/11 14:10, Erwin Hogeweg a écrit :

Hi,

Kind Regards,

Erwin

Le 17/06/11 15:23, Erwin Hogeweg a �crit :

Thanks Sebastien,

Still the same issue.

Do you set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH in eclipse directly ?

In my eclipse, I have in Run configurations :
* Tab Arguments, VM argument : *
-Dfelix.config.properties=file:lib/felix.client.run.properties
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=file:lib/logging.properties
-Djava.library.path=/Users/vincent/svn_work/jitsi/lib/native/mac
-agentlib:AEGetURLEventHandlerAgent

···

* Tab Environment,
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/Users/vincent/svn_work/jitsi/lib/native/mac/

Regards,
--
Seb

Hi Erwin,

Regards,
--
Seb

Le 17/06/11 14:10, Erwin Hogeweg a �crit :

Hi,

Kind Regards,

Erwin

Lubomir, Sebastien,

You guys rock!

It's working now. Thank you so much for the help.

I get a different error now, but that looks like an issue is with the nightly build.

IOException in readRegistry: java.io.EOFException
ConnectPort: can't find mach server port name = jackdmp_entry.502_default err = unknown error code
Cannot connect to server Mach port
jack server is not running or cannot be started
warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle [504]: Unable to resolve 504.0: missing requirement [504.0] package; (package=org.growl4j)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3409)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1719)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1148)
  at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Thanks,

Erwin

···

On Jun 17, 2011, at 9:30 AM, Sebastien Vincent wrote:

Le 17/06/11 15:23, Erwin Hogeweg a écrit :

Thanks Sebastien,

Still the same issue.

* Tab Arguments, VM argument :

* Tab Environment,
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH $DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/Users/vincent/svn_work/jitsi/lib/native/mac/

Regards,
--
Seb

Hi Erwin,

Regards,
--
Seb

Hi,

Kind Regards,

Erwin

На 17.06.11 15:40, Erwin Hogeweg написа:

Lubomir, Sebastien,

You guys rock!

It's working now. Thank you so much for the help.

I get a different error now, but that looks like an issue is with the
nightly build.

Nope, that's actually a common error when running Jitsi from sources on
Mac. Part of the project setup for Mac OS X happens while we build the
DMG package so you won't have growl notifications while running. There
won't be any other issues and if Growl is not essential to your tests,
you can simply ignore this.

Emil

···

IOExceptionin readRegistry: java.io.EOFException
ConnectPort: can't find mach server port name =
jackdmp_entry.502_default err = unknown error code
Cannot connect to server Mach port
jack server is not running or cannot be started
warning: The VAD has been replaced by a hack pending a complete rewrite
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
[504]: Unable to resolve 504.0: missing requirement [504.0] package;
(package=org.growl4j)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3409)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1719)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1148)
at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

Thanks,

Erwin

On Jun 17, 2011, at 9:30 AM, Sebastien Vincent wrote:

Le 17/06/11 15:23, Erwin Hogeweg a écrit :

Thanks Sebastien,

Still the same issue.

* Tab Arguments, VM argument : *
* Tab Environment,
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/Users/vincent/svn_work/jitsi/lib/native/mac/

Regards,
--
Seb

Hi Erwin,

Try using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable instead of PATH
variable (set as lib/native/mac or absolute path of lib/native/mac).

Regards,
--
Seb

Hi,

I hope this is a simple question, but I have not been able to find
an answer anywhere yet.

When I run Jitsi from Eclipse on a Mac (Snow Leopard) I get the
dreaded UnsatisfiedLinkError. I have tried several mutations of the
PATH environment variable, added absolute and relative
java.library.path settings to the VM Arguments, and specified the
JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH env var. Keep getting the same error.

Running the Mac binary works fine. I Even copied the jnlibs from
the binary into the lib/native/mac folder, thinking that maybe
there was something wrong with that lib, all to no avail.

Warning: Failed to register our command line argument handler. We
won't be able to handle command line arguments.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.setAEGetURLListener(Lnet/java/sip/communicator/util/launchutils/AEGetURLEventHandler$IAEGetURLListener;)V

at
net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.setAEGetURLListener(Native
Method)

at
net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.AEGetURLEventHandler.<init>(AEGetURLEventHandler.java:34)

at
net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.LaunchArgHandler.<init>(LaunchArgHandler.java:171)

at
net.java.sip.communicator.util.launchutils.LaunchArgHandler.getInstance(LaunchArgHandler.java:184)

at
net.java.sip.communicator.launcher.SIPCommunicator.main(SIPCommunicator.java:98)

Kind Regards,

Erwin

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31