[jitsi-dev] UI improvements on labels and buttons

Hi,
I see that in Jitsi, when used under Linux, some labels have a gray background and there are buttons with a dark rectangular border (the border should not be there, because some buttons with the border have rounded corners). I attached a little patch to solve this bug.

Regards,
Daniel Z.

jitsi-linux-lookandfeel.diff (1.11 KB)

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for submitting this patch. Based on your proposition, I have committed a correction (rev 9354, available on build 3892) for the gray background checkboxes on linux.

However, I can not see the effect of your proposition for the SIPCommButton (this is surely due to my fluxbox windows manager which renders only rectangle buttons). Thus, can you send two small screenshots (one before and one after applying your patch)?

Regards,
Chenzo

···

On 02/07/2012 09:22 PM, Daniel Zucchetto wrote:

Hi,
I see that in Jitsi, when used under Linux, some labels have a gray background and there are buttons with a dark rectangular border (the border should not be there, because some buttons with the border have rounded corners). I attached a little patch to solve this bug.

Regards,
Daniel Z.

--
Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer
chenzo@jitsi.org http://jitsi.org

Hi Vincent,

I attached some screenshots about the chat window and the call window. It should be noted that the same happens with both sun jre and openjdk. Oh, no fluxbox on my PC, I use KDE (too many things under the "Linux" word).

Regards,
Daniel Z.

···

Il 09/02/2012 alle 21:14, Vincent Lucas ha scritto:

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for submitting this patch. Based on your proposition, I have committed a correction (rev 9354, available on build 3892) for the gray background checkboxes on linux.

However, I can not see the effect of your proposition for the SIPCommButton (this is surely due to my fluxbox windows manager which renders only rectangle buttons). Thus, can you send two small screenshots >(one before and one after applying your patch)?

Regards,
Chenzo

Hi,

Regards,
Daniel Z.

-- Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer

Hi Daniel,

Thank you once again for the proposed patch and the screenshots.

I have finally commit the second part of your patch (about the SIPCommButton border under Linux) and acknowledged it on the jitsi.org "Team and Contributors" page.

This improvement is available under "svn revision #9375" or "build #3906".

Regards,
Chenzo

···

On 02/09/2012 09:22 PM, Daniel Zucchetto wrote:

Hi Vincent,

I attached some screenshots about the chat window and the call window. It should be noted that the same happens with both sun jre and openjdk. Oh, no fluxbox on my PC, I use KDE (too many things under the "Linux" word).

Regards,
Daniel Z.

Il 09/02/2012 alle 21:14, Vincent Lucas ha scritto:

Hi Daniel,

However, I can not see the effect of your proposition for the SIPCommButton (this is surely due to my fluxbox windows manager which renders only rectangle buttons). Thus, can you send two small screenshots>(one before and one after applying your patch)?

Regards,
Chenzo

Hi,

Regards,
Daniel Z.

-- Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer

--
Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer