[jitsi-dev] Two video inputs per participant - design choices

Hi,
i am working on a business requirement where in we need two video cameras(both be active and streaming at the same time, with one audio feed muted). i have setup jitsi videobridge, jifoco and jitsi-meet and can get the entire system to work and also read/looked thro the code base of jitsi-meet and jifoco.
pl help guide on
1. as webrtc wont support streaming of more than one camera, any alternative suggestions. is there anyone who had tried something like this and thro some light.
2. where to start for looking at how to add one more video stream. any reference/ tutorial or documentation on how to construct the jingle session and further connect to video bridge will be greatly helpful.
thxPrem

Hi,

Hi,

i am working on a business requirement where in we need two video
cameras(both be active and streaming at the same time, with one audio
feed muted). i have setup jitsi videobridge, jifoco and jitsi-meet and
can get the entire system to work and also read/looked thro the code
base of jitsi-meet and jifoco.

Right now Jitsi-Meet works with the assumption of a single video stream being sent at any one time, and a single video stream per remote participant. We would like to remove this limitation, but this requires changes to a lot of the code and will be a substantial effort. As far as I know there aren't any plans to do it.

pl help guide on

1. as webrtc wont support streaming of more than one camera, any
alternative suggestions. is there anyone who had tried something like
this and thro some light.

2. where to start for looking at how to add one more video stream. any
reference/ tutorial or documentation on how to construct the jingle
session and further connect to video bridge will be greatly helpful.

You only need to advertise the additional streams as sources in jingle. You don't need any modifications to Jitsi-Videobridge.

Regards,
Boris

···

On 29/09/15 12:59, Prem Narayanan wrote:

Why not opening 2 tabs in your browser?

···

Le 29 sept. 2015 à 19:59, Prem Narayanan <nprem@outlook.com> a écrit :

Hi,

i am working on a business requirement where in we need two video cameras(both be active and streaming at the same time, with one audio feed muted). i have setup jitsi videobridge, jifoco and jitsi-meet and can get the entire system to work and also read/looked thro the code base of jitsi-meet and jifoco.

pl help guide on

1. as webrtc wont support streaming of more than one camera, any alternative suggestions. is there anyone who had tried something like this and thro some light.

2. where to start for looking at how to add one more video stream. any reference/ tutorial or documentation on how to construct the jingle session and further connect to video bridge will be greatly helpful.

thx
Prem
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev