[jitsi-dev] Two open questions

Hi,

can anyone from the Jitsi Meet team give me a hint on my two open questions:

1. Is it possible to join a Jitsi Meeting by SIP also with video? Although using getonsip, linphone or sip2sip I only get audio an no video if setting up
via the configure script launched by apt-get install. Any suggestions? Isn't it possible at all or do I need to set with Jitsi Desktop and copy the settings for h264?

2. Jitsi Meet quick install tells about adding the nightly branch to apt sources, is it possible or does it make sense to change to stable (at which path?) or is stable not regulary updated? Recently e.g. Jitsi Meets addon for Prezi didn't work and nightly got an working update, so I don't want to loose. Any suggestions not to get daily updates but to stay somehow up to date?

Happy Holidays!

Regards,
Christian

Hi,

1. Is it possible to join a Jitsi Meeting by SIP also with video? Although using getonsip, linphone or sip2sip I only get audio an no video if setting up
via the configure script launched by apt-get install. Any suggestions? Isn't it possible at all or do I need to set with Jitsi Desktop and copy the settings for h264?

Its that it is not implemented, currently audio is mixed in jigasi and
is sent to the videobridge as one stream for all joined participants
through sip. For video - vp8 implementation in jitsi misses some
features and also the current implementation in jigasi will expect
video mixing which is also not possible.

Regards
damencho

ยทยทยท

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Christian Heutger <christian@heutger.net> wrote: