[jitsi-dev] Trouble building jicofo with maven

I am having a hard time building jicofo with maven. It compiles successfully but a few of the tests are failing. It seems like the mock Jitsi-videobridge is failing (NullPointerException when allocating a video channel). I am using master in jicofo and master in the videobridge. I've also tried an older commit in both (and setting all the dependency versions to builds that correspond to those commits) but still get similar test failures.

The process I'm using to build is to do an mvn install on jitsi-videobridge and then to do a mvn package on jicofo (when using the older commits, I updated the versions in jitsi-universe and did an mvn install before building the videobridge). Is that the correct process for building jicofo? Below is part of the output from the build.

Devin Wilson

INFO: Created channel ae8c52704e91db4c of content audio of conference 6c01770c41ccd498. The total number of conferences is now 1, channels 1, video streams 1.
Dec 16, 2015 9:13:46 AM org.jitsi.util.Logger info
INFO: Created content video of conference 6c01770c41ccd498. The total number of conferences is now 1, channels 1, video streams 1.
Dec 16, 2015 9:13:46 AM org.jitsi.util.Logger warn
WARNING: NACK termination is enabled, but we don't have a packet cache.
Dec 16, 2015 9:13:46 AM net.java.sip.communicator.util.Logger error
SEVERE: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.jitsi.videobridge.VideoChannel.initialize(VideoChannel.java:304)
            at org.jitsi.videobridge.Content.createRtpChannel(Content.java:269)
            at org.jitsi.videobridge.Videobridge.handleColibriConferenceIQ(Videobridge.java:738)
            at mock.jvb.MockVideobridge.jvbLoop(MockVideobridge.java:111)
            at mock.jvb.MockVideobridge.access$000(MockVideobridge.java:35)
            at mock.jvb.MockVideobridge$1.run(MockVideobridge.java:86)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Dec 16, 2015 9:13:47 AM net.java.sip.communicator.util.Logger error
SEVERE: Failed to send ping
java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.xmpp.component.AbstractComponent.send(AbstractComponent.java:925)
            at org.jitsi.xmpp.component.ComponentBase.access$400(ComponentBase.java:36)
            at org.jitsi.xmpp.component.ComponentBase$PingTask.run(ComponentBase.java:362)
            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

Dec 16, 2015 9:13:51 AM net.java.sip.communicator.util.Logger info
INFO: Listener removed ? true, org.jitsi.jicofo.ComponentsDiscovery@3afe79c
Dec 16, 2015 9:13:51 AM net.java.sip.communicator.util.Logger error
SEVERE: Exception on participant invite
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.InterruptedException
            at org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConferenceImpl$ConferenceCreationSemaphore.acquire(ColibriConferenceImpl.java:700)
            at org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConferenceImpl.acquireCreateConferenceSemaphore(ColibriConferenceImpl.java:269)
            at org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConferenceImpl.createColibriChannels(ColibriConferenceImpl.java:174)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference.allocateChannels(JitsiMeetConference.java:765)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference.createOffer(JitsiMeetConference.java:892)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference.discoverFeaturesAndInvite(JitsiMeetConference.java:637)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference.access$000(JitsiMeetConference.java:58)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference$1.run(JitsiMeetConference.java:539)
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException
            at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)
            at org.jitsi.impl.protocol.xmpp.colibri.ColibriConferenceImpl$ConferenceCreationSemaphore.acquire(ColibriConferenceImpl.java:696)
            ... 14 more

SEVERE: Failed to allocate channels for testroom@conference.pawel.jitsi.net/User1
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to allocate channels - all bridges are faulty
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference.allocateChannels(JitsiMeetConference.java:831)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference.createOffer(JitsiMeetConference.java:892)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference.discoverFeaturesAndInvite(JitsiMeetConference.java:637)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference.access$000(JitsiMeetConference.java:58)
            at org.jitsi.jicofo.JitsiMeetConference$1.run(JitsiMeetConference.java:539)
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Hello Devin,

···

On 16 Dec 2015, at 10:32, Devin Wilson <devin.wilson@readytalk.com> wrote:

I am having a hard time building jicofo with maven. It compiles successfully but a few of the tests are failing. It seems like the mock Jitsi-videobridge is failing (NullPointerException when allocating a video channel). I am using master in jicofo and master in the videobridge. I’ve also tried an older commit in both (and setting all the dependency versions to builds that correspond to those commits) but still get similar test failures.

The process I’m using to build is to do an mvn install on jitsi-videobridge and then to do a mvn package on jicofo (when using the older commits, I updated the versions in jitsi-universe and did an mvn install before building the videobridge). Is that the correct process for building jicofo? Below is part of the output from the build.

Yes, you’re doing it right. The tests are failing now and I don’t have the time to fix that, so you need to skip them for now:

https://maven.apache.org/general.html#skip-test

Regards,
Pawel

Thanks. That worked for me.

Devin

···

From: dev [mailto:dev-bounces@jitsi.org] On Behalf Of Pawel Domas
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:45 AM
To: Jitsi Developers
Subject: Re: [jitsi-dev] Trouble building jicofo with maven

Hello Devin,

On 16 Dec 2015, at 10:32, Devin Wilson <devin.wilson@readytalk.com<mailto:devin.wilson@readytalk.com>> wrote:

I am having a hard time building jicofo with maven. It compiles successfully but a few of the tests are failing. It seems like the mock Jitsi-videobridge is failing (NullPointerException when allocating a video channel). I am using master in jicofo and master in the videobridge. I’ve also tried an older commit in both (and setting all the dependency versions to builds that correspond to those commits) but still get similar test failures.

The process I’m using to build is to do an mvn install on jitsi-videobridge and then to do a mvn package on jicofo (when using the older commits, I updated the versions in jitsi-universe and did an mvn install before building the videobridge). Is that the correct process for building jicofo? Below is part of the output from the build.

Yes, you’re doing it right. The tests are failing now and I don’t have the time to fix that, so you need to skip them for now:

https://maven.apache.org/general.html#skip-test

Regards,
Pawel
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.