[jitsi-dev] Stale chat windows

Hi,

I experience stale chat windows.
This happens, when being in a chat with someone and this one disconnects
and reconnects to the jabber server. Then it is not possible to receive
messages from this person. Closing the window and reopening a chat works.
Any message entered in the stale chat window can be seen then in the
reopened one. Happens also when connection is instable (mobile user) and
lost inbetween. I think reconnection, intervall, etc. must be looked at.

System: Ubuntu 12.04 x64
Jitsi: 1.0-build.3967

Cheers,
Matt

Hi all,

a strange problem happening to one of my contacts. I had a look via TeamViewer. It's on 10.8.2 and the contact is unable to select the internal mic in the Settings > Audio pane.

It is listed there but un-selectabel. When clicking the entry nothing happens. The selection is the audio-in but integrated mic is needed. Not sure why or how that is, because on my system (also 10.8.2) everything is fine.

In the console all I found was:
Jitsi[713]: Unrecognized Java VM option ignored:

Any ideas?

best, steve

Hey Steve,

Hi all,

a strange problem happening to one of my contacts. I had a look via TeamViewer. It's on 10.8.2 and the contact is unable to select the internal mic in the Settings > Audio pane.

It is listed there but un-selectabel. When clicking the entry nothing happens. The selection is the audio-in but integrated mic is needed. Not sure why or how that is, because on my system (also 10.8.2) everything is fine.

Could you please send us the logs from one such attempt? We've seen this
on several occasions but haven't pinned it down yet.

Also, what was the device that you were trying to move away from?

Cheers,
Emil

ยทยทยท

On 18.01.13, 12:14, Steve wrote:

In the console all I found was:
Jitsi[713]: Unrecognized Java VM option ignored:

Any ideas?

best, steve

--
https://jitsi.org

Hi all,

Could you please send us the logs from one such attempt? We've seen this
on several occasions but haven't pinned it down yet.

Also, what was the device that you were trying to move away from?

Cheers,
Emil

-> Hi Emil and all,

I did another attempt with Console.app open but no jitsi related message at all is displayed when making the call. The call is happening without problems and my contact can here me just fine. But I can't hear him (see below why).

When doing a search all I find is the following line:

21.01.13 09:50:30,689 Jitsi[169]: Unrecognized Java VM option ignored:

The time is the time of the computer startup so this happens when jitsi gets loaded right after the boot.

Which logs are you referring to? If you send a detailed description, how to obtain those I'd be happy to send them but as of now I have no idea how.

The following all is on my contacts machine:
The selected (wrong) device is "Eingang (integ (Built-in)" - which is also missing a closing bracket, just FYI. Also this might be a translation issue? "Built-in" is "integriert" in german so maybe the german translation could be adjusted, to only show the german word instead of this mixture.

http://cl.ly/image/1w301t2h1w1q

I want to switch that to the correct entry for using the internal mic which is "Mikrofon (inter (Built-In)" (again note the german/english mixture + missing closing bracket ")").

But when I click that device, I find myself back at Eingang instead of Mikrofon (eingang is the audio-in, but since there's no ex. mic he needs the internal mic).

http://cl.ly/image/2X0H441m3X03

This is especially strange since
a) it was working just fine a few nightlies ago and
b) he's using a MacBook Pro with 10.8.2 with internal mic (just like me) - only that he has an older model.

I know this might not be a lot, but it's all I can provide for know. Let me know how to generate more useful output and I'll be glad to help get this solved.

Have a nice day you guys,
steve