[jitsi-dev] spellcheck support


#1

Dear all

What's the status of Jitsi's spellcheck support? There are GPL
dictionaries out there (FF, aspell etc), wonder if these can be
re-used in Jitsi for text IM.

Thanks

Alex


#2

Alex, the spell checking is available and enabled by default for
chats. There should be a country flag in the tool bar of the chat
window which should allow selecting a language in which spell checking
is to be performed. Did you mean that you didn't see it or that it
didn't work as expected for you?

···

2012/7/6 Alexandros Papadopoulos <alexandros.papadopoulos@member.fsf.org>:

What's the status of Jitsi's spellcheck support?


#3

Oh. :slight_smile:

Both, actually.

- I was looking in the menus and missed the country flag.
- The list of dictionaries is missing Greek.

What's the process to get it added?

Thanks,

Alex

···

On 6 July 2012 16:17, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@jitsi.org> wrote:

2012/7/6 Alexandros Papadopoulos <alexandros.papadopoulos@member.fsf.org>:

What's the status of Jitsi's spellcheck support?

Alex, the spell checking is available and enabled by default for
chats. There should be a country flag in the tool bar of the chat
window which should allow selecting a language in which spell checking
is to be performed. Did you mean that you didn't see it or that it
didn't work as expected for you?


#4

Hi Alex,

I've added Greek to the list of spellcheck languages. Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
Yana

···

On Jul 6, 2012, at 5:50 PM, Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:

On 6 July 2012 16:17, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@jitsi.org> wrote:

2012/7/6 Alexandros Papadopoulos <alexandros.papadopoulos@member.fsf.org>:

What's the status of Jitsi's spellcheck support?

Alex, the spell checking is available and enabled by default for
chats. There should be a country flag in the tool bar of the chat
window which should allow selecting a language in which spell checking
is to be performed. Did you mean that you didn't see it or that it
didn't work as expected for you?

Oh. :slight_smile:

Both, actually.

- I was looking in the menus and missed the country flag.
- The list of dictionaries is missing Greek.

What's the process to get it added?

Thanks,

Alex


#5

Works like a charm.

Thank you!

Alex

···

On 27 July 2012 09:54, Yana Stamcheva <yana@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi Alex,

I've added Greek to the list of spellcheck languages. Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
Yana

On Jul 6, 2012, at 5:50 PM, Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:

On 6 July 2012 16:17, Lyubomir Marinov <lubo@jitsi.org> wrote:

2012/7/6 Alexandros Papadopoulos <alexandros.papadopoulos@member.fsf.org>:

What's the status of Jitsi's spellcheck support?

Alex, the spell checking is available and enabled by default for
chats. There should be a country flag in the tool bar of the chat
window which should allow selecting a language in which spell checking
is to be performed. Did you mean that you didn't see it or that it
didn't work as expected for you?

Oh. :slight_smile:

Both, actually.

- I was looking in the menus and missed the country flag.
- The list of dictionaries is missing Greek.

What's the process to get it added?

Thanks,

Alex