[jitsi-dev] Some problem met when building jitsi-android

Dear developers of jitsi-android:
I've downloaded the latest source code of jitsi-android project on github.com in July 3rd, 2013. I was trying to build the project with Eclipse but I have met some problems that I am not able to solve.
At first, I tried to build it with Ant. But since I am not familiar with the Ant tool, I didn't know what targets should I choose to run the project on a real device or an emulator. I saw there're some red crosses on some targets such as compile, debug-install, rebuild-and-deploy, make and rebuild when I right clicked the build.xml and chose "Run As -> Ant Build...". And no matter what targets I chose, when I clicked the run button, it just told me "BUILDING FAILED" and the output was "sdk.dir is missing. Make sure to generate local.properties using 'android update project' or to inject it through an env var". I never used Ant to build any Android project, so I want to know how I can solve this problem.
Now that I've met the problem when using Ant Build, I tried to build the project using normal run in Eclipse. I was using emulator target Android 4.2.2 as the project suggested. Things seemed went well until the application had been installed in the emulator: it just crashed when it run. Then I tried to locate the problem using DDMS-LogCat. I saw an exception there telling me the "private static final Class<?> HOME_SCREEN_CLASS = Jitsi.class;" sentence in the JitsiApplication class is exactly where the error occurs, and more detailedly, it told me an NoClassDefFoundException has been triggered since the class org.jitsi.android.gui.Jitsi could not be found. But I can find the java file of the Jitsi class right there in the project. I could not explain why. I guess it's something about the OSGI framework but since I am not familiar with OSGI, too, I am not sure at all.
Being bothered by the two problems above, I am rather in need of your opinions. I am looking forward to receiving your words soon. Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely

Chen Bowei(Erueat C.T.)
Student of School of Software Engineering of Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China