[jitsi-dev] Settings menu width issue

Different issue - I was just going to file a bug but spotted that it says to mail to the list first.

There is a width issue in the settings menu, the titles of the icons are truncated in our locale (gd) and there are also some truncations in the main settings window body (though that can be manually resized). Would it be possible to use dynamic window sizing like LibreOffice does? I would hazard a guess that right now, Gaelic isn't the only locale with truncation issues so solving this in general so it's not necessary to set widths for each locale might be a good idea.

In most cases, shortening is not really an option - Tèarainteachd (Security) just is that long, I can't change the language :slight_smile:

Michael

Different issue - I was just going to file a bug but spotted that it
says to mail to the list first.

Yes, thank you for respecting that!

There is a width issue in the settings menu, the titles of the icons are
truncated in our locale (gd) and there are also some truncations in the
main settings window body (though that can be manually resized). Would
it be possible to use dynamic window sizing like LibreOffice does? I
would hazard a guess that right now, Gaelic isn't the only locale with
truncation issues so solving this in general so it's not necessary to
set widths for each locale might be a good idea.

German often has similar issues and we do the best we can to avoid such situations. Now when it comes to UI glitches, we're preparing to replace the whole UI with something HTML based and we won't invest much time (and as soon as Swing is involved, everything needs huge amounts of time) in the existing one.

In most cases, shortening is not really an option - Tèarainteachd
(Security) just is that long, I can't change the language :slight_smile:

Michael

Ingo

Ok, totally understand. As long as it's a know issue with a fix in the pipeline somewhere, that's me happy!

Again, many thanks.

Michael

08/01/2014 12:33, sgrìobh Ingo Bauersachs:

···

German often has similar issues and we do the best we can to avoid such situations. Now when it comes to UI glitches, we're preparing to replace the whole UI with something HTML based and we won't invest much time (and as soon as Swing is involved, everything needs huge amounts of time) in the existing one.