[jitsi-dev] Settings dialog hangs - Android implications.

Hi,

Since a couple of days ago I haven't been able to change my settings: going
to the settings menu - for the first attempt nothing happened and for
subsequent calls to the menu I got a not very responsive settings windows.
Though I was able to enter such panes as Audio or Video I wasn't able to
enter the Accounts at all. No content showed up.

This must be related to new video system which broke old settings. We
don't handle it gently as it's currently an alpha version and it would
only complicate the code.

I suspected some changes to the format or corruption of my settings, so I
deleted the ~/.jitsi folder and recreated it. So far so good, it works. I
wonder if it was a local problem of my installation or there were indeed
changes to the config - format.

For some strange reason I still have this issue on my Android test
installation (Samsung Galaxy 3, latest Jists Alpha/Beta 178) There Jitsi
just aborts with no message when I go to settings. I suppose I have to
delete and rebuild the settings folder there as well. Where would I have to
delete the data? Where does the Android version stores its settings (hope
there is no such thing as an Registry there)

Though both phenomenae might be unrelated - they occured at the same time.
So they might have something in common. Whom should I send the logs to which
the Android version writes upon aborting. They might contain private data -
so it's probably not a good idea to post them here.

Thank you for help and nice greetings
Conrad

Jitsi stores settings in .properties file in application data folder
and it probably can't be accessed from outside. The best way for
fixing this issue is to reinstall the app(all data will be lost). If
this won't work you can send us logs to support@bluejimp.com.

Regards,
Pawel

···

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Conrad Beckert <conrad_videokonferenz@gmx.de> wrote:

Jitsi stores settings in .properties file in application data folder
and it probably can’t be accessed from outside. The best way for

fixing this issue is to reinstall the app(all data will be lost). If

this won’t work you can send us logs to support@bluejimp.com.

I still have trouble with the desktop version. Same phenomenon: First attempt to enter settings - nothing happens. Second try: I can enter audio, video and so on but accounts don’t work: I see the icon galery for the different panes but no accounts menu. The whole window is much shorter then.

The following messages appeared in the Java log:

jitsi

ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:612:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave

ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear

ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe

ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side

ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1614:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler(5)

ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1614:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler(5)

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave

18:57:51.549 SEVERE: [38] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().108 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] and message was: null

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoActivator$1.getPluginInstance(AccountInfoActivator.java:54)

at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.PluginComponentFactory.getPluginComponentInstance(PluginComponentFactory.java:144)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.menus.ToolsMenu$1.run(ToolsMenu.java:187)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:251)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:733)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:703)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.msn.OperationSetServerStoredAccountInfoMsnImpl.isDetailClassSupported(OperationSetServerStoredAccountInfoMsnImpl.java:258)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountDetailsPanel.initSummaryPanel(AccountDetailsPanel.java:347)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountDetailsPanel.<init>(AccountDetailsPanel.java:227)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoPanel.init(AccountInfoPanel.java:133)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoPanel.<init>(AccountInfoPanel.java:90)

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoMenuItemComponent.<clinit>(AccountInfoMenuItemComponent.java:52)

... 17 more

18:58:06.321 SEVERE: [38] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().108 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] and message was: Could not initialize class net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoMenuItemComponent

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoMenuItemComponent

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoActivator$2.getPluginInstance(AccountInfoActivator.java:73)

at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.PluginComponentFactory.getPluginComponentInstance(PluginComponentFactory.java:144)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRightButtonMenu.initPluginComponents(AccountRightButtonMenu.java:146)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRightButtonMenu.init(AccountRightButtonMenu.java:109)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRightButtonMenu.<init>(AccountRightButtonMenu.java:78)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountList.<init>(AccountList.java:62)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountsConfigurationPanel.<init>(AccountsConfigurationPanel.java:59)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:374)

at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.LazyConfigurationForm.getForm(LazyConfigurationForm.java:131)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.configforms.ConfigFormDescriptor.getConfigFormPanel(ConfigFormDescriptor.java:81)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.configforms.ConfigurationFrame.showFormContent(ConfigurationFrame.java:213)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.configforms.ConfigFormList.valueChanged(ConfigFormList.java:105)

at javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(JList.java:1798)

at javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(JList.java:1812)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:164)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:211)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:405)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.changeSelection(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:415)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setSelectionInterval(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:459)

at javax.swing.JList.setSelectedIndex(JList.java:2212)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.configforms.ConfigurationFrame.setVisible(ConfigurationFrame.java:253)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.menus.ToolsMenu.configActionPerformed(ToolsMenu.java:294)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.menus.ToolsMenu.actionPerformed(ToolsMenu.java:211)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2018)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2341)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:833)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:877)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3312)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4687)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)

18:58:07.404 SEVERE: [122] impl.protocol.jabber.InfoRetreiver.retrieveDetails().337 Cannot load details for contact guckes@jabber.com : Timeout getting VCard information

18:58:32.785 SEVERE: [38] util.UtilActivator.uncaughtException().108 An uncaught exception occurred in thread=Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main] and message was: Could not initialize class net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoMenuItemComponent

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoMenuItemComponent

at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.accountinfo.AccountInfoActivator$2.getPluginInstance(AccountInfoActivator.java:73)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRightButtonMenu.initPluginComponents(AccountRightButtonMenu.java:146)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRightButtonMenu.init(AccountRightButtonMenu.java:109)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountRightButtonMenu.<init>(AccountRightButtonMenu.java:78)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountList.<init>(AccountList.java:62)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.account.AccountsConfigurationPanel.<init>(AccountsConfigurationPanel.java:59)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:374)

at net.java.sip.communicator.service.gui.LazyConfigurationForm.getForm(LazyConfigurationForm.java:131)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.configforms.ConfigFormDescriptor.getConfigFormPanel(ConfigFormDescriptor.java:81)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.configforms.ConfigurationFrame.showFormContent(ConfigurationFrame.java:213)

at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.configforms.ConfigFormList.valueChanged(ConfigFormList.java:105)

at javax.swing.JList.fireSelectionValueChanged(JList.java:1798)

at javax.swing.JList$ListSelectionHandler.valueChanged(JList.java:1812)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:184)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.fireValueChanged(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:154)

at javax.swing.DefaultListSelectionModel.setValueIsAdjusting(DefaultListSelectionModel.java:685)

at javax.swing.JList.setValueIsAdjusting(JList.java:2142)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicListUI.java:2795)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:290)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6505)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3312)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6270)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4861)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4832)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4492)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4422)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2273)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)

My system: Linux Mint 14 Nadia. Jitsi 2.3.4925

What can I do except deleting my settings again…

Conrad

PS: Haven’t tried Android yet.