[jitsi-dev] SecurityPanel for ZRTP/SDES/MIKEY

Good morning

As part of the SDES integration in Jitsi, I need to modify the SecurityPanel in the call window. In contrast to ZRTP, there's nothing to validate or check for the user when SDES is being used. (And as soon as MIKEY comes into play again, there should be yet another panel that shows the peer's certificate).

So my idea is to make the existing SecurityPanel abstract and create a specific implementation for each supported encryption.
Along that, I want to remove the OperationSetSecureTelephony: setSasVerified is ZRTP specific, isSecure is never used. Everything needed to set the SAS verification can be placed in the CallPeerSecurityOnEvent (also to be made abstract and create security-procotol specific derived classes).

Emil? Yana?

cu,
Ingo

Hi Ingo,

Good morning

As part of the SDES integration in Jitsi, I need to modify the SecurityPanel in the call window. In contrast to ZRTP, there's nothing to validate or check for the user when SDES is being used. (And as soon as MIKEY comes into play again, there should be yet another panel that shows the peer's certificate).

Ok. You could also rename it to CallSecurityContainer.

So my idea is to make the existing SecurityPanel abstract and create a specific implementation for each supported encryption.
Along that, I want to remove the OperationSetSecureTelephony: setSasVerified is ZRTP specific, isSecure is never used. Everything needed to set the SAS verification can be placed in the CallPeerSecurityOnEvent (also to be made abstract and create security-procotol specific derived classes).

I'm not sure to understand. When the user clicks on the padlock how would we access the CallPeerSecurityOnEvent in order to set the "SAS verified" property ?

Cheers,
Yana

ยทยทยท

On Sep 28, 2011, at 7:43 AM, Bauersachs Ingo wrote:

Emil? Yana?

cu,
Ingo