[jitsi-dev] SDP bug when attempting to dial toll free numbers

Hi, I use callcentric as my SIP provider. When attempting to dial toll
free (1-800-xxx-xxxx in this case) numbers, jitsi encounters an error
with the SDP. I know they work with callcentric, because if I use the
same account, but use linphone or csipsimple it works fine.

How can I help debug this? I have a pcap log as well, but figured you
didn't want it emailed to the list.

The traceback is:

13:07:41.775 SEVERE: service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCallPeer.logAndFail().319 There was an error parsing the SDP description of +1800XXXXXXX(+1800XXXXXXX@callcentric.com)
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Remote party sent an invalid SDP answer. The codecs in the answer are either not
present or not supported
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.ja
va:2385)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.processAnswer(CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.java:929)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.processAnswer(CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.java:848)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerSipImpl.processSessionProgress(CallPeerSipImpl.java:758)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.processSessionProgress(OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.jav
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.processResponse(OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.java:477)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.processResponse(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:642)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipStackSharing.processResponse(SipStackSharing.java:704)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.EventScanner.deliverEvent(EventScanner.java:296)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.SipProviderImpl.handleEvent(SipProviderImpl.java:196)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.DialogFilter.processResponse(DialogFilter.java:1480)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPClientTransaction.inviteClientTransaction(SIPClientTransaction.java:878)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPClientTransaction.processResponse(SIPClientTransaction.java:548)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPClientTransaction.processResponse(SIPClientTransaction.java:1554)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.UDPMessageChannel.processMessage(UDPMessageChannel.java:583)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.UDPMessageChannel.processIncomingDataPacket(UDPMessageChannel.java:492)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.UDPMessageChannel.run(UDPMessageChannel.java:297)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

···

a:796)

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475

Hey Andrew,

Hi, I use callcentric as my SIP provider. When attempting to dial toll
free (1-800-xxx-xxxx in this case) numbers, jitsi encounters an error
with the SDP. I know they work with callcentric, because if I use the
same account, but use linphone or csipsimple it works fine.

How can I help debug this?

Could you please mail the entire zip log here?

http://jitsi.org/faq/logs

I have a pcap log as well, but figured you
didn't want it emailed to the list.

Nope, should be fine actually. We don't currently have a policy against
this.

Cheers,
Emil

···

On 05.04.12 19:37, jitsi@lewman.us wrote:

The traceback is:

13:07:41.775 SEVERE: service.protocol.media.MediaAwareCallPeer.logAndFail().319 There was an error parsing the SDP description of +1800XXXXXXX(+1800XXXXXXX@callcentric.com)
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Remote party sent an invalid SDP answer. The codecs in the answer are either not
present or not supported
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.ja
va:2385)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.processAnswer(CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.java:929)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.processAnswer(CallPeerMediaHandlerSipImpl.java:848)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.CallPeerSipImpl.processSessionProgress(CallPeerSipImpl.java:758)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.processSessionProgress(OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.jav
a:796)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.processResponse(OperationSetBasicTelephonySipImpl.java:477)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.processResponse(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:642)
        at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipStackSharing.processResponse(SipStackSharing.java:704)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.EventScanner.deliverEvent(EventScanner.java:296)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.SipProviderImpl.handleEvent(SipProviderImpl.java:196)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.DialogFilter.processResponse(DialogFilter.java:1480)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPClientTransaction.inviteClientTransaction(SIPClientTransaction.java:878)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPClientTransaction.processResponse(SIPClientTransaction.java:548)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.SIPClientTransaction.processResponse(SIPClientTransaction.java:1554)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.UDPMessageChannel.processMessage(UDPMessageChannel.java:583)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.UDPMessageChannel.processIncomingDataPacket(UDPMessageChannel.java:492)
        at gov.nist.javax.sip.stack.UDPMessageChannel.run(UDPMessageChannel.java:297)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31

Hey Andrew,

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 07:51:58PM +0200, emcho@jitsi.org wrote 3.2K bytes in 58 lines about:
: Could you please mail the entire zip log here?

Did you mean the list or you?

The list.

: Nope, should be fine actually. We don't currently have a policy against
: this.

You may want to warn users about the detailed sensitive info contained
within the logs and pcap file.

True. We'll update the faq.

Cheers,
Emil

···

On 05.04.12 20:38, jitsi@lewman.us wrote:

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 08:43:04PM +0200, emcho@jitsi.org wrote 0.5K bytes in 20 lines about:
: > Did you mean the list or you?
:
: The list.

Ok. I had to convert the pcap to a text file to remove my SIP login
info. It may actually be easier to parse as a text file now.

Attached.

jitsi-sdperror.txt.gz (5.22 KB)

jitsi0-sdperror.log.gz (4.64 KB)

···

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475

Hey Andrew,

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 08:43:04PM +0200, emcho@jitsi.org wrote 0.5K bytes in 20 lines about:
: > Did you mean the list or you?
:
: The list.

Ok. I had to convert the pcap to a text file to remove my SIP login
info.

If you are worried about people discovering your SIP URI then you can
send the logs to me privately.

It may actually be easier to parse as a text file now.

Well, not actually :). We don't just accidentally store pcap-s. Reading
them in wireshark simplifies debugging a lot.

Cheers,
Emil

···

On 05.04.12 21:56, jitsi@lewman.us wrote: