[jitsi-dev] RTP conversion to H.264

Hi,

My task requires converting video data coming as RTP packets via UDP to a
video file, MP4 for example.
I managed to retrieve the packages and properly decode the RTP headers.
However, I got stuck with NAL processing.

Found the Jitsi project and understood that does provide the means to
extract H.264 from RTP so I've especially checked out the
org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.video.h264.* package.

Unfortunately, the codebase is quite large and I am not familiar with FMJ.
I managed to isolate the package from the rest of the project but I do not
know how to make it work.

Could anyone please provide a very basic sample where given a bunch of RTPs
valid H.264 raw stream is returned ?
If you think that it would make it easier for you, I can send my project.

Thank you.
SC

Hey,

Found the Jitsi project and understood that does provide the means to extract H.264 from RTP so I've especially checked out the org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.video.h264.* package.

As I mentioned to you in my first e-mail answering your initial question, DePacketizer is pretty much the only class from the org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.codec.video.h264 package you'll likely be interested in.

Unfortunately, the codebase is quite large and I am not familiar with FMJ. I managed to isolate the package from the rest of the project but I do not know how to make it work.

As I told you during our conversation on IRC, basic knowledge on the way Java Media Framework (JMF) plug-ins are invoked is instrumental to utilising DePacketizer. Please refer to the JMF documentation at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/index-jsp-140239.html. For what it's worth, you do not even need to employ FMJ as a media framework, you just need it as a dependency library because DePacketizer extends a class from it and it uses the Buffer and Format-related classes.

Regards,
Lyubomir

ยทยทยท

On Aug 16, 2012, at 4:16 PM, SC <sscgate@gmail.com> wrote: