[jitsi-dev] REST API


#1

I am trying to understand the REST API better.
In order to get media flowing, is that the right workflow?

  1. Allocate a conference on the bridge. POST /colibri/conferences

  2. The signalling server creates an SDP offer, and substitutes the ICE

candidates and DTLS fingerprint with the ones obtained in step 1. It

then sends the offer to the client.

  1. The signalling server receives the client’s answer. It takes the

transport information, and the payload-type description, converts them

to the COLIBRI/JSON format and sends it to the videobridge with a PATCH

request.

Now the client and videobridge have each other’s ICE candidates and will

start ICE.

How can we patch a conference e.g. to remove Audio, add webcam or screenshare stream, etc

Is there any documentation or sample REST calls with COLIBRI/JINGLE format?

···

Versendet mit Emailn.de - Freemail

  • Unbegrenzt Speicherplatz

  • Eigenes Online-B�ro

  • 24h besten Mailempfang

  • Spamschutz, Adressbuch


#2

Hello Martin, I think this is what you're looking for
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/blob/master/doc/rest-videobridge.md

···

On 04/14/2015 01:40 PM, martin.hoole@emailn.de wrote:

I am trying to understand the REST API better.
In order to get media flowing, is that the right workflow?

1. Allocate a conference on the bridge. POST /colibri/conferences

2. The signalling server creates an SDP offer, and substitutes the ICE
candidates and DTLS fingerprint with the ones obtained in step 1. It
then sends the offer to the client.

2. The signalling server receives the client's answer. It takes the
transport information, and the payload-type description, converts them
to the COLIBRI/JSON format and sends it to the videobridge with a PATCH
request.

Now the client and videobridge have each other's ICE candidates and will
start ICE.

How can we patch a conference e.g. to remove Audio, add webcam or
screenshare stream, etc
Is there any documentation or sample REST calls with COLIBRI/JINGLE format?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Versendet mit Emailn.de <http://www.emailn.de/> - Freemail

* Unbegrenzt Speicherplatz
* Eigenes Online-Büro
* 24h besten Mailempfang
* Spamschutz, Adressbuch

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#3

Hi George,

that's what I am already asking. If there is more documentation or how the message flow looks like?

Martin

--- Urspr�ngliche Nachricht ---

···

Von: George Politis <gp@jitsi.org>
Datum: 14.04.2015 17:18:06
An: martin.hoole@emailn.de, Jitsi Developers <dev@jitsi.org>
Betreff: Re: [jitsi-dev] REST API

Hello Martin, I think this is what you're looking for
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-videobridge/blob/master/doc/rest-videobridge.md

On 04/14/2015 01:40 PM, martin.hoole@emailn.de wrote:
> I am trying to understand the REST API better.
> In order to get media flowing, is that the right workflow?
>
> 1. Allocate a conference on the bridge. POST /colibri/conferences
>
> 2. The signalling server creates an SDP offer, and substitutes the ICE

> candidates and DTLS fingerprint with the ones obtained in step 1. It

> then sends the offer to the client.
>
> 2. The signalling server receives the client's answer. It takes the

> transport information, and the payload-type description, converts them

> to the COLIBRI/JSON format and sends it to the videobridge with a PATCH

> request.
>
> Now the client and videobridge have each other's ICE candidates and
will
> start ICE.
>
> How can we patch a conference e.g. to remove Audio, add webcam or
> screenshare stream, etc
> Is there any documentation or sample REST calls with COLIBRI/JINGLE
format?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>
> Versendet mit Emailn.de <http://www.emailn.de/> - Freemail
>
> * Unbegrenzt Speicherplatz
> * Eigenes Online-B�ro
> * 24h besten Mailempfang
> * Spamschutz, Adressbuch
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> dev@jitsi.org
> Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
>