[jitsi-dev] Remarks about libjitsi

Hi devs,

In order to port some modifications I have (related to HW decoding on
Linux) from Jitsi to libjitsi, I have three remarks.

- In libjitsi, I don't found JNI code for FFmpeg whereas Java side is
present (net.java.sip.communicator.impl.neomedia.codec.FFmpeg). The JNI
FFmpeg code is still in Jitsi source tree. Is there a reason for this ?
- The libjitsi does not have Windows's DirectShow JNI source code whereqs
Java side is present
(net.java.sip.communicator.impl.neomedia.directshow.*), is it normal ?
- Some other JNIs (screencapture, portaudio, g722, speex and jawtrenderer)
are in both places (Jitsi and libjitsi), do these JNIs be better present in
just one single place ?

Thanks.

Regards,

···

--
Seb

Native code of functionality implemented inside libjitsi should be moved from the Jitsi source tree into the libjitsi source tree.

If the source of a JNI library is not present in libjitsi, then there was a major problem with the rebuilt library last time we tried to move it. If the source of a JNI library is present in both libjitsi and Jitsi, then the rebuilding succeeded but there were runtime problems found on at least one of the platforms/operating systems.

The bottom line is that if you need to make modifications to a library, please make them in libjitsi.

···

On 27.08.2012, at 11:16, Sebastien Vincent <seb@jitsi.org> wrote:

- In libjitsi, I don't found JNI code for FFmpeg whereas Java side is present (net.java.sip.communicator.impl.neomedia.codec.FFmpeg). The JNI FFmpeg code is still in Jitsi source tree. Is there a reason for this ?
- The libjitsi does not have Windows's DirectShow JNI source code whereqs Java side is present (net.java.sip.communicator.impl.neomedia.directshow.*), is it normal ?
- Some other JNIs (screencapture, portaudio, g722, speex and jawtrenderer) are in both places (Jitsi and libjitsi), do these JNIs be better present in just one single place ?