[jitsi-dev] Registrarless SIP account hogs CPU if encryption is used

Hello,

I have a registrarless SIP account set up and recently i enabled the
encryption on it (security tab under the SIP account config). Since then
every half minute or so (it seems the intervals are decreasing) i get
massive CPU spikes, the Jitsi icon flickers like crazy for a few seconds
and the logs are spammed with messages like these (appear many many times):

19:34:08.646 SEVERE:
service.protocol.AbstractProtocolProviderService.fireRegistrationStateChanged().155
An error occurred while executing
RegistrationStateChangeLister#registrationStateChanged(RegistrationStateChangeEvent)
of
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$2@b76c95
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Task already scheduled or cancelled
  at java.util.Timer.sched(Timer.java:380)
  at java.util.Timer.schedule(Timer.java:192)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$2.registrationStateChanged(ReconnectPluginActivator.java:811)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AbstractProtocolProviderService.fireRegistrationStateChanged(AbstractProtocolProviderService.java:140)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarlessConnection.setRegistrationState(SipRegistrarlessConnection.java:129)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarlessConnection.unregister(SipRegistrarlessConnection.java:89)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.unregister(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:336)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$1.run(ReconnectPluginActivator.java:568)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
19:34:10.081 SEVERE:
service.protocol.AbstractProtocolProviderService.fireRegistrationStateChanged().155
RegistrationStateChangeLister#registrationStateChanged(RegistrationStateChangeEvent)
of
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$2@45a5e
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$2.registrationStateChanged(ReconnectPluginActivator.java:811)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.AbstractProtocolProviderService.fireRegistrationStateChanged(AbstractProtocolProviderService.java:140)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarlessConnection.setRegistrationState(SipRegistrarlessConnection.java:129)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.SipRegistrarlessConnection.unregister(SipRegistrarlessConnection.java:89)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.sip.ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.unregister(ProtocolProviderServiceSipImpl.java:336)
  at
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$1.run(ReconnectPluginActivator.java:568)

I deactivated the account, but CPU usage stayed at 100% until i shut
down Jitsi. I thought that the issue is presence-related, but
enabling/disabling presence had no effect.

···

--
O zi buna,
Kertesz Laszlo

Hey Kertesz,

We won't have time to look at this right now, so could you please open a
ticket on JIRA?

Thanks,
Emil

···

On 15.01.12 18:42, Kertesz Laszlo wrote:

Hello,

I have a registrarless SIP account set up and recently i enabled the
encryption on it (security tab under the SIP account config). Since then
every half minute or so (it seems the intervals are decreasing) i get
massive CPU spikes, the Jitsi icon flickers like crazy for a few seconds
and the logs are spammed with messages like these (appear many many times):

19:34:08.646 SEVERE:
of
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$2@b76c95
  at
  at
  at
  at
  at
  at
19:34:10.081 SEVERE:
of
net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.reconnectplugin.ReconnectPluginActivator$2@45a5e
  at
  at
  at
  at
  at
  at

I deactivated the account, but CPU usage stayed at 100% until i shut
down Jitsi. I thought that the issue is presence-related, but
enabling/disabling presence had no effect.

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31