[jitsi-dev] Re: [jitsi~svn:9345] Adds in-band DTMF functionality.

Hello, Vincent!

I've been looking at your modifications to DtmfTransformEngine and I'm not sure I agree with the removal of DTMFDispatcher. You see there is quite a difference between (now) firing an event in the thread which processes RTP and (before) firing the event in a separate, dedicated thread. Please note that if a DTMFListener takes a long time to process a DTMF event, it will now delay the processing of RTP (which is most often not what you would want to do). Is there a reason why DTMF events have to be synchronously delivered to DTMFListeners? If there is none, I'd rather have the asynchronous delivery that we had before.

Regards,
Lyubomir

Hi Lyubomir,

You are right. There is no reason to prefer synchronously delivered to DTMFListeners. Therefore, I will revert to the threaded version using the DTMFDispatcher. This revert will integrated into the DTMF configuration patch.

Regards,
Vincent

ยทยทยท

On 02/09/2012 08:21 PM, Lyubomir Marinov wrote:

Hello, Vincent!

I've been looking at your modifications to DtmfTransformEngine and I'm not sure I agree with the removal of DTMFDispatcher. You see there is quite a difference between (now) firing an event in the thread which processes RTP and (before) firing the event in a separate, dedicated thread. Please note that if a DTMFListener takes a long time to process a DTMF event, it will now delay the processing of RTP (which is most often not what you would want to do). Is there a reason why DTMF events have to be synchronously delivered to DTMFListeners? If there is none, I'd rather have the asynchronous delivery that we had before.

Regards,
Lyubomir

--
Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer
chenzo@jitsi.org http://jitsi.org