[jitsi-dev] Re: Desktop sharing is back !!!

Hi Vincent

Yeah, I've seen it in the svn which I follow. My special client is on vacation for the moment - so I have no partner to test with. And here I don't even have a second computer. You may give me a call to see if and how it works. That would be great.

Thanks for th great work you all doing.
Conrad

···

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von: Vincent Lucas
Gesendet: 05.02.13 13:49 Uhr
An: dev@jitsi.java.net
Betreff: [jitsi-dev] Re: Desktop sharing back anytime soon???

Hello Conrad, Jitsi r10430 re-enables the desktop sharing functionality. I have not enough time to run an exhaustive test set, thus, please give it a try and give us some feedback about it. Regards, Vincent On 2/1/13 7:42 PM, Conrad Beckert wrote: > Cool, that's good news. I'm looking forward to it. > > Greetings > Conrad > > ----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht ----- > Von: Emil Ivov > Gesendet: 01.02.13 00:57 Uhr > An: dev@jitsi.java.net > Betreff: [jitsi-dev] Re: Desktop sharing back anytime soon??? > > Hey Conrad, On 31.01.13, 20:23, Conrad Beckert wrote: > Hi, > > I know - I might repeat myself and anoy you guys a bit, but what > happened to Desktop Sharing and when would it come back? Hopefully we would be able to bring it back next week and relese over the next 10 days Emil > I constantly > support folks over the line (including someone very special). For the > time beeing I have to replace the back-channel by voice ("Move mouse > right .- no left - click there..." :slight_smile: ) whi
ch is not so effective. I > don't whant to revert to 1.0 either (I wonder if I could install both > versions at the same time and the same user account without interfering) > > Any perspective when that option is available again? > > Thanks and have Fun @FOSSDEM - which I have to miss again (it is a bit > far away from here :frowning: ) -- but at least, there are videos. > > Greetings from Berlin, Germany > Conrad > > > -- https://jitsi.org > -- Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer chenzo@jitsi.org http://jitsi.org

Hi Vincent,
I just tested it locally here (latest nightly build version
1.1.4463.10436-1). It works so far as I can see. The core problem I see
in my LAN 2 LAN test environment seems to be that it does not detect
peers in the same LAN and thus is ugly sluggish because all traffic goes
through outside nodes. It would be great if jitsi could identify clients
in the same LAN to avoid this problem. And I think it would be great to
have the remote mouse pointer visible. This avoids "surprise clicks"
specially on slow connections.
thanks for all, Mark

···

On 05/02/13 20:53, Conrad Beckert wrote:

Hi Vincent

Yeah, I've seen it in the svn which I follow. My special client is on
vacation for the moment - so I have no partner to test with. And here
I don't even have a second computer. You may give me a call to see if
and how it works. That would be great.

Thanks for th great work you all doing.
Conrad

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----

Von: Vincent Lucas

Gesendet: 05.02.13 13:49 Uhr

An: dev@jitsi.java.net

Betreff: [jitsi-dev] Re: Desktop sharing back anytime soon???

Hello Conrad,

Jitsi r10430 re-enables the desktop sharing functionality. I have not
enough time to run an exhaustive test set, thus, please give it a try
and give us some feedback about it.

Regards,
Vincent

On 2/1/13 7:42 PM, Conrad Beckert wrote:
> Cool, that's good news. I'm looking forward to it.
>
> Greetings
> Conrad
>
> ----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
> Von: Emil Ivov
> Gesendet: 01.02.13 00:57 Uhr
> An: dev@jitsi.java.net
> Betreff: [jitsi-dev] Re: Desktop sharing back anytime soon???
>
> Hey Conrad, On 31.01.13, 20:23, Conrad Beckert wrote: > Hi, > > I know - I might repeat myself and anoy you guys a bit, but what > happened to Desktop Sharing and when would it come back? Hopefully we would be able to bring it back next week and relese over the next 10 days Emil > I constantly > support folks over the line (including someone very special). For the > time beeing I have to replace the back-channel by voice ("Move mouse > right .- no left - click there..." :slight_smile: ) which is not so effective. I > don't whant to revert to 1.0 either (I wonder if I could install both > versions at the same time and the same user account without interfering) > > Any perspective when that option is available again? > > Thanks and have Fun @FOSSDEM - which I have to miss again (it is a bit > far away from here :frowning: ) -- but at least, there are videos. > > Greetings from Berlin, Germany > Conrad > > > -- https://jitsi.org
>

--
Vincent Lucas, Ph.D. Jitsi developer
chenzo@jitsi.org http://jitsi.org

--
Sent from my Raspberry PI