[jitsi-dev] proposed new feature : split audio channels

Hello

I've been using Jitsi since it was SIPCommunicator, since 2006. I use it as a SIP SoftPhone connected to asterisk on a professional flight simulator, at an air traffic training center.

One of the features we use the most is the use of simultaneous active calls, where one drill administrator receives calls from several pilots at the same time.

I´d like to ask/propose a new feature:

To be able to send the sound of a call to the left or right audio channel, In such a way that I could hear some calls only on the left ear, and others only on the right.

Thanks for your work with jitsi.

Carlos

"Esta mensagem pode conter informação considerada confidencial, não devendo ser copiada ou endereçada a terceiros. Se o receptor não for o destinatário apropriado, deverá destruir a mensagem e por gentileza informar o emissor do sucedido. O conteúdo desta mensagem, bem como dos respectivos anexos é da responsabilidade exclusiva do emissor, não podendo a Navegação Aérea de Portugal NAV Portugal, E.P.E. ser responsabilizada por eventuais consequências."

"This message may contain confidential information. You should not copy or address this message to anyone. If you are not the appropriate addressee, we ask you to kindly delete the message and notify the sender. The contents of this message and attachments are the responsibility of the individual sender and under no circumstances can Navegação Aérea de Portugal NAV Portugal, E.P.E. be liable for any resulting consequences."

Hey Carlos,

Hello

I've been using Jitsi since it was SIPCommunicator, since 2006. I use it as a SIP SoftPhone connected to asterisk on a professional flight simulator, at an air traffic training center.

One of the features we use the most is the use of simultaneous active calls, where one drill administrator receives calls from several pilots at the same time.

A very interesting use case! Thanks for sharing!

I�d like to ask/propose a new feature:

To be able to send the sound of a call to the left or right audio channel, In such a way that I could hear some calls only on the left ear, and others only on the right.

That's something we've been thinking about for a while now:

https://jitsi.org/GSOC/SpatialMixing

But unfortunately haven't had the time to work on it. Stereo support would be a first step but we haven't got around to that either. If, however, you could find an application that creates artificial audio devices for your left and right speakers then you should be able to achieve the same thing.

Emil

···

On 20.05.14, 17:45, Carlos Alexandre wrote:

--
https://jitsi.org