I just tried Jitsi again and encountered the same problems multiple
Here it is Arch Linux, Jitsi 2.2, Portaudio, behind a university
My partner uses Linux Mint, Jitsi 2.2, Pulseaudio, and some DSL
Text messages via XMPP work fine.
1) My partner can't initiate calls to me, but I can initiate calls to
2) Once my partner accepts the call, the PulseAudio mic volume jumps to
100%, internal mic boost is enabled and the audio I receive is a
horrible mess, almost static (see some other mail). Once the mic volume
is set to 25% or below, internal mic boost is off and the sound is fine.
3) After a few minutes of video call, the audio from my partner to me
suddenly goes mute, but my partner can still hear me. Video keeps going
4) After 3) has happened, all sounds on my side are choppy, even the
notification test stuff in the options and no matter which of my two
sound cards I use. The only cure I found so far: delete my .jitsi,
afterwards that problem is gone.
5) After 3) and even after 4), my partner doesn't receive the call. The
only cure I found so far: my partner has to delete .jitsi, afterwards
it works again.
I would appreciate any help, as getting the call interrupted every few
minutes and having to delete the config doesn't help the experience. I
have my apparently corrupted .jitsi here if that is of any use, and
since deleting it solves issues there has to be something wrong in
there. If you think that folder or a config file therein might help
fix the bugs, please tell me and I'll send it to you. Please tell me
if you also need my partners corrupted .jitsi, but obtaining it might
take a few days.