[jitsi-dev] Presence: Automatic Away (Ubuntu)

Hi,

... I've observed that presence in Jitsi stays Online despite the fact that the machine has been left alone and the screen saver went on.

Jitsi Version: actual 3457 (but issue is there for a while)
Ubuntu 10.10
Gnome

In the settings I selected: Set atatus to away automatically (whatever is the correct English text)

There is a label saying: "Minutes until status is set to "away" - but no field to enter anything.

What would be the correct behaviour?

a) Wait for x minutes after the last key touched or mouse moved and set to "away" - come back to "online" after such an event. (that's what I expected)

b) Wait until the screen saver comes on and come back online when it has been deactivated

c) Wait for x minutes after the last action has been detected by Jitsi... (probably not the best one)

All in all, it is strange to see a contact online who went away and left her machine running hours ago.

What's wrong

Greetings
Conrad

Hey

In the settings I selected: Set atatus to away automatically (whatever is
the correct English text)

There is a label saying: "Minutes until status is set to "away" - but no
field to enter anything.

What would be the correct behaviour?

There is a spinner missing where you could enter the number of minutes until the away mode is set. The spinner flows out of the window due to the too long German text with the font used on Ubuntu.
Dou you have a suggestion how it could shortened?

The default in the spinner is 15 Min btw., but I don't know if there's another issue with the detection of being away.

Regards,
Ingo

Dou you have a suggestion how it could shortened

"nach ... Minuten"
Above they say what's going on.

Conrad

Dou you have a suggestion how it could be shortened

"nach ... Minuten"
Above they say what's going on.

I just committed a new translation file with some other changes as well. The away-status is now "Minuten bis zur Statusänderung" because I can't place the spinner between the text - this would require code changes that might affect other translations.

Ingo