According to bug ticket #1118, Jitsi can not restore the status "on-line"
during network problems in several cases.****
It looks that the current XMPP account / provider hangs in the state
In these cases, the provider’s icon is in the permanent rotation animation,
but nothing happens. The status won't be restored to online after an hour
or even after a day.****
The reconnect plugin does nothing, because the reconnection task of the
plugin is completed without any fails.
Our patch will produce a double check and will do the following:****
- Creation a new timer task for the confirmation of reconnection, which
will be created in the time of initialization of the standard reconnection
- After the “confirmation timeout” this task will check the provider’s
- If the provider is not still reconnected (in REGISTERED state), the
confirmation task will produce the unregister procedure. Then it will
initiate a reconnection from the scratch.****
- If the provider is successfully reconnects, the confirmation task will
Also it adds two new options in the account connection settings, which are:*
ReconnectDelays.patch (35.8 KB)
- The maximum time delay of the reconnection. This option allows user to
change it manually. Currently it’s hardcoded for 300 seconds in the
reconnect plugin source code.****
- The Reconnect confirmation delay. Allows user to specify delay of the
- Fixed the "null" error notification in the extended account registration
Currently, when the user attempts to create a new jabber account from the
"advanced" window, he gets a "null" error notification without any
description. This exception is catched and handled more accurately.
Desctiption of this exception is defined by string
“plugin.jabberaccregwizz.WRONG_CREATION_FORM=Failed to create a new account
via registration wizard. Please, use the simple form for this purpose.”
All GUI strings has an English and Russian translations.
mobile: +7 925 369 9878