[jitsi-dev] No one gets audio and video after connecting a webcam


#1

I encountered this error today and I could reproduce it as well in
meet.jit.si.

There is a running conference with two or more participants. One of the
participants connects a USB webcam to the computer. After this, the video
starts being reproduced locally, then it is sent to the other participants
(some users get the 'connectivity issues' message). However, all the
following participants will be able to join the conference (chat messages
are working) but new users won't get any audio and video at all from former
participants and former participants will not get from new users as well.

Some errors are shown in the console of the new participants (attached to
this email) or you guys can check at meet.jit.si/sdperror in callstats.

Although I could not reproduce it for this email, Jigasi also fails when
this error occurs. I got the following exception in Jigasi (attached to
this email as well), which became unresponsive after that and a restart was
necessary for it to start working again.

Camilo

meet.jit.si-1487791804614.log (1001 Bytes)

jigasi.log (5.08 KB)


#2

Hi !

There is a bug on meet.jit.si which I tried to fix in this PR:

https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/pull/166

It will prevent from breaking the whole conference, but we still need
to fix the bug on the client.

Do you see that on your custom deployment ? Can you try upgrading Jicofo ?

Regards,
Pawel


#3

Thank you Pawel.

Jicofo may not be the root of the problem. I run a few more tests, and I
think it is the only client.

I've tried I few scenarios of (jicofo, videobridge, client) repository last
available version:

(stable, stable, stable) -> Working
(testing, stable, stable) -> Working
(stable, testing, stable) - >Working, but I saw a few 'connectivity issues'
(stable, stable, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.
(testing, stable, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.
(testing, testing, stable) -> Working
(testing, testing, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.

Camilo

···

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi !

There is a bug on meet.jit.si which I tried to fix in this PR:

https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/pull/166

It will prevent from breaking the whole conference, but we still need
to fix the bug on the client.

Do you see that on your custom deployment ? Can you try upgrading Jicofo ?

Regards,
Pawel

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#4

Thanks I will try to reproduce and fix

···

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Camilo <camilo@camilo.fm> wrote:

Thank you Pawel.

Jicofo may not be the root of the problem. I run a few more tests, and I
think it is the only client.

I've tried I few scenarios of (jicofo, videobridge, client) repository last
available version:

(stable, stable, stable) -> Working
(testing, stable, stable) -> Working
(stable, testing, stable) - >Working, but I saw a few 'connectivity issues'
(stable, stable, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.
(testing, stable, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.
(testing, testing, stable) -> Working
(testing, testing, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.

Camilo

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi !

There is a bug on meet.jit.si which I tried to fix in this PR:

https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/pull/166

It will prevent from breaking the whole conference, but we still need
to fix the bug on the client.

Do you see that on your custom deployment ? Can you try upgrading Jicofo ?

Regards,
Pawel

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#5

In the meantime try adding "disableRtx: true" to your config.js. Let
me know if that helps.

···

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 7:58 AM, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:

Thanks I will try to reproduce and fix

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 3:34 PM, Camilo <camilo@camilo.fm> wrote:

Thank you Pawel.

Jicofo may not be the root of the problem. I run a few more tests, and I
think it is the only client.

I've tried I few scenarios of (jicofo, videobridge, client) repository last
available version:

(stable, stable, stable) -> Working
(testing, stable, stable) -> Working
(stable, testing, stable) - >Working, but I saw a few 'connectivity issues'
(stable, stable, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.
(testing, stable, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.
(testing, testing, stable) -> Working
(testing, testing, testing) -> Not working and exception is thrown.
'Connectivity issues' most of the time.

Camilo

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 5:30 PM, Paweł Domas <pawel.domas@jitsi.org> wrote:

Hi !

There is a bug on meet.jit.si which I tried to fix in this PR:

https://github.com/jitsi/jicofo/pull/166

It will prevent from breaking the whole conference, but we still need
to fix the bug on the client.

Do you see that on your custom deployment ? Can you try upgrading Jicofo ?

Regards,
Pawel

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev