[jitsi-dev] Next stable release

What's the cutoff for including new localizations? I'm on 60% just now but not sure I can take it to 100% in a hurry, going through a busy patch

Michael

28/08/2013 11:39, sgrìobh dev-request@jitsi.org:

···

Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 13:23:13 +0300
To: Jitsi Developers<dev@jitsi.org>
Subject: [jitsi-dev] Next stable release
Message-ID:
  <A189AB43-C3A6-48A5-8094-482CA9D51E6F@sip-communicator.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hello all,
  The last stable Jitsi release was 2.2.4603.9615 on 30.April.2013. Since then we have made a lot of fixes and have introduced several new features like the move to WASAPI and echo cancellation on Windows, the MUC fixes and many others. There are quite some occasions of users of the stable build line reporting problems that are fixed in the latest nightly builds and we direct them to try them out, but some people just like to stick to the stable. So maybe the time has come for us to roll out the next stable release.
  What do you think?
  -- Pavel Tankov

What's the cutoff for including new localizations? I'm on 60% just now
but not sure I can take it to 100% in a hurry, going through a busy patch

A day or two before the actual build we call out a "string freeze". That is, the devs aren't allowed anymore to introduce new strings and Pootle is refreshed from the source. All translation that have been changed since the last stable build are then committed into trunk just before the build for the new stable.

So for your case, the translation will then simply be shipped with those 60 or whatever % you are at.

Michael

Ingo

Grand, works for me, thanks!

Michael

28/08/2013 12:35, sgrìobh Ingo Bauersachs:

···

A day or two before the actual build we call out a "string freeze". That is, the devs aren't allowed anymore to introduce new strings and Pootle is refreshed from the source. All translation that have been changed since the last stable build are then committed into trunk just before the build for the new stable.

So for your case, the translation will then simply be shipped with those 60 or whatever % you are at.