[jitsi-dev] New mailing lists


#1

Hey all,

We have just moved all mailing list to a new infrastructure based on
mailman. You've probably seen the welcome mails already.

We wanted to be able to allow for better search, allowed unsubscribed
posters, footers with unsubscribe instructions, easier list management.

You can check out the new lists here: https://jitsi.org/lists

Everyone currently on this list has already been moved to the new ones
so there's nothing that you absolutely need to do. A few more details:

All mailing list addresses have the same names but instead of
jitsi.java.net they now end with jitsi.org:

announce@jitsi.org
dev@jitsi.org
users@jitsi.org

etc.

We are going to keep the current addresses and have them redirect to the
new lists but please update your address books to avoid unnecessary hops
and dependency on the old list (which would one day go away into the
sunset).

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Cheers,
Emil

···

--
https://jitsi.org


#2

You may want to set the From: and ReplyTo: fields on the old lists as well, to migrate the existing threads...

      Lee

···

On 05/15/2013 11:42 AM, Emil Ivov wrote:

Hey all,

We have just moved all mailing list to a new infrastructure based on
mailman. You've probably seen the welcome mails already.

We wanted to be able to allow for better search, allowed unsubscribed
posters, footers with unsubscribe instructions, easier list management.

You can check out the new lists here: https://jitsi.org/lists


#3

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

- CruiseControl complains about not being able to do something with the new
lists
- Why are the mails from "dev-bounces@jitsi.org; on behalf of; Emil Ivov
<emcho@jitsi.org>"?

Cheers,
Emil

Ingo


#4

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

- CruiseControl complains about not being able to do something with the new
lists

Yup this should now be fixed.

- Why are the mails from "dev-bounces@jitsi.org; on behalf of; Emil Ivov
<emcho@jitsi.org>"?

Because I want everyone to know who's the boss! :wink:

(Will investigate later)

Emil

···

On 15.05.13, 19:45, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

--
https://jitsi.org


#5

As we migrate users and move everyone away from Sympa, we are seeing a
lot of attempts from people trying to resubscribe, so again, everyone
has been automatically added to the new mailing lists and there is no
need for any action on your side.

More below:

···

On 15.05.13, 19:42, Emil Ivov wrote:

Hey all,

We have just moved all mailing list to a new infrastructure based on
mailman. You've probably seen the welcome mails already.

We wanted to be able to allow for better search, allowed unsubscribed
posters, footers with unsubscribe instructions, easier list management.

You can check out the new lists here: https://jitsi.org/lists

Everyone currently on this list has already been moved to the new ones
so there's nothing that you absolutely need to do. A few more details:

All mailing list addresses have the same names but instead of
jitsi.java.net they now end with jitsi.org:

announce@jitsi.org
dev@jitsi.org
users@jitsi.org

etc.

We are going to keep the current addresses and have them redirect to the
new lists but please update your address books to avoid unnecessary hops
and dependency on the old list (which would one day go away into the
sunset).

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Cheers,
Emil

--
https://jitsi.org


#6

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Is it only me that now sees the footer as an attachment in each and every
mail on the users-list?

Ingo


#7

Is someone taking care of the fact that bounces are sent back to the list (i.e., dev-bounces@jitsi.org seems to be an alias for dev@jitsi.org)?

-Marcel

···

Am 15.05.2013 um 17:42 schrieb Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org>:

Hey all,

We have just moved all mailing list to a new infrastructure based on
mailman. You've probably seen the welcome mails already.

We wanted to be able to allow for better search, allowed unsubscribed
posters, footers with unsubscribe instructions, easier list management.

You can check out the new lists here: https://jitsi.org/lists

Everyone currently on this list has already been moved to the new ones
so there's nothing that you absolutely need to do. A few more details:

All mailing list addresses have the same names but instead of
jitsi.java.net they now end with jitsi.org:

announce@jitsi.org
dev@jitsi.org
users@jitsi.org

etc.

We are going to keep the current addresses and have them redirect to the
new lists but please update your address books to avoid unnecessary hops
and dependency on the old list (which would one day go away into the
sunset).

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Cheers,
Emil

--
https://jitsi.org

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#8

I get a _lot_ of unsuccessful email delivery notifications

- --
Yannik V�lker


#9

I've been trying to unsubscribe all day.

···

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:36 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org> wrote:

As we migrate users and move everyone away from Sympa, we are seeing a
lot of attempts from people trying to resubscribe, so again, everyone
has been automatically added to the new mailing lists and there is no
need for any action on your side.

More below:

On 15.05.13, 19:42, Emil Ivov wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> We have just moved all mailing list to a new infrastructure based on
> mailman. You've probably seen the welcome mails already.
>
> We wanted to be able to allow for better search, allowed unsubscribed
> posters, footers with unsubscribe instructions, easier list management.
>
> You can check out the new lists here: https://jitsi.org/lists
>
> Everyone currently on this list has already been moved to the new ones
> so there's nothing that you absolutely need to do. A few more details:
>
> All mailing list addresses have the same names but instead of
> jitsi.java.net they now end with jitsi.org:
>
> announce@jitsi.org
> dev@jitsi.org
> users@jitsi.org
>
> etc.
>
> We are going to keep the current addresses and have them redirect to the
> new lists but please update your address books to avoid unnecessary hops
> and dependency on the old list (which would one day go away into the
> sunset).
>
> Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.
>
> Cheers,
> Emil
>

--
https://jitsi.org

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#10

The multi-line text in List-Id might not be matched well by some filters:

List-Id: "For discussion of technical implementation details,
and is where developers meet and discuss issues, code changes,
etc." <dev.jitsi.org>

···

On 15/05/13 20:36, Emil Ivov wrote:

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.


#11

Mine is clean, and all text. (See above) I am on Thunderbird 17.0.5, and the only error I get is the known "Special codes in your e-mail, Eeeekkkk!" bug. :slight_smile:

      Lee

···

On 05/16/2013 06:42 AM, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Is it only me that now sees the footer as an attachment in each and every
mail on the users-list?

Ingo

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#12

I get mails as multipart messages, the footer being a second part.

Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="===============4613357098359028106=="
....

then I have:

--===============4613357098359028106==
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

···

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
--===============4613357098359028106==--

Both Google Apps and Thunderbird display this as part of the mail and
not as an attachment.

Emil

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Ingo Bauersachs <ingo@jitsi.org> wrote:

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Is it only me that now sees the footer as an attachment in each and every
mail on the users-list?

Ingo

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

--
Emil Ivov, Ph.D. 67000 Strasbourg,
Project Lead France
Jitsi
emcho@jitsi.org PHONE: +33.1.77.62.43.30
http://jitsi.org FAX: +33.1.77.62.47.31


#13

I personally don't see the footer as an attachment neither in my fat client - Mac Mail, nor in Gmail.

Pavel Tankov

···

On 16.май.2013, at 14:42, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Is it only me that now sees the footer as an attachment in each and every
mail on the users-list?

Ingo

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#14

Isn't there a problem with the list? I am receiving plenty of mail delivery
system "undelivered mail returned to sender" emails from the
dev-bounces@jitsi.org.

Thanks for answer.

Bruno

-----Message d'origine-----
De : dev-bounces@jitsi.org [mailto:dev-bounces@jitsi.org] De la part de

Ingo

···

Bauersachs
Envoyé : jeudi 16 mai 2013 13:42
À : 'Jitsi Developers'
Objet : Re: [jitsi-dev] New mailing lists

> Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Is it only me that now sees the footer as an attachment in each and every
mail on the users-list?

Ingo

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#15

Yes we are!

Very, very, very sorry about the mess!

Emil

--sent from my mobile

···

On May 16, 2013 4:30 PM, "Marcel Waldvogel" <waldvogel@uni-konstanz.de> wrote:

Is someone taking care of the fact that bounces are sent back to the list
(i.e., dev-bounces@jitsi.org seems to be an alias for dev@jitsi.org)?

-Marcel

Am 15.05.2013 um 17:42 schrieb Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org>:
> Hey all,
>
> We have just moved all mailing list to a new infrastructure based on
> mailman. You've probably seen the welcome mails already.
>
> We wanted to be able to allow for better search, allowed unsubscribed
> posters, footers with unsubscribe instructions, easier list management.
>
> You can check out the new lists here: https://jitsi.org/lists
>
> Everyone currently on this list has already been moved to the new ones
> so there's nothing that you absolutely need to do. A few more details:
>
> All mailing list addresses have the same names but instead of
> jitsi.java.net they now end with jitsi.org:
>
> announce@jitsi.org
> dev@jitsi.org
> users@jitsi.org
>
> etc.
>
> We are going to keep the current addresses and have them redirect to the
> new lists but please update your address books to avoid unnecessary hops
> and dependency on the old list (which would one day go away into the
> sunset).
>
> Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.
>
> Cheers,
> Emil
>
> --
> https://jitsi.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> dev@jitsi.org
> Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
> http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#16

Is it only me who gets all the (many) bounce alerts sent to
dev-bounces@jitsi.org?

karel

···

On 16.5.2013 13:42, Ingo Bauersachs wrote:

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Is it only me that now sees the footer as an attachment in each and every
mail on the users-list?

Ingo

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#17

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed now.

Emil

···

On 15.05.13, 21:53, Daniel Pocock wrote:

On 15/05/13 20:36, Emil Ivov wrote:

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

The multi-line text in List-Id might not be matched well by some filters:

List-Id: "For discussion of technical implementation details,
and is where developers meet and discuss issues, code changes,
etc." <dev.jitsi.org>

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
.

--
https://jitsi.org


#18

Are those from today? Or mostly yesterday?

--sent from my mobile

···

On May 17, 2013 8:36 PM, "Yannik Völker" <yannikv@yahoo.de> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I get a _lot_ of unsuccessful email delivery notifications

- --
Yannik Völker
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
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=UgJX
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#19

Hi Bruno,

There is a problem indeed and we're currently taking care of it.

We're really very very sorry for the mess!

Yana

···

On May 16, 2013, at 4:46 PM, "Bruno.Konik" <bruno.konik@unigone.com> wrote:

Isn't there a problem with the list? I am receiving plenty of mail delivery
system "undelivered mail returned to sender" emails from the
dev-bounces@jitsi.org.

Thanks for answer.

Bruno

-----Message d'origine-----
De : dev-bounces@jitsi.org [mailto:dev-bounces@jitsi.org] De la part de

Ingo

Bauersachs
Envoyé : jeudi 16 mai 2013 13:42
À : 'Jitsi Developers'
Objet : Re: [jitsi-dev] New mailing lists

Shout out if you see any issues or have questions.

Is it only me that now sees the footer as an attachment in each and every
mail on the users-list?

Ingo

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#20

I get mails as multipart messages, the footer being a second part.

[...]

Both Google Apps and Thunderbird display this as part of the mail and
not as an attachment.

It's Outlook. Who'd have guessed?
Still, I hate these footers - being an attachment or inline. I don't see any
use in them besides wasting space.

Emil

Ingo