[jitsi-dev] Modifications for javascript


#1

I have put my java modifications for javascript REST access into github. There are two things:

a) A stacktrace for when material is invalid so that it says more than HTTP response 400.

b) responding to the HTTP OPTIONS method so that CORS does not complain.

https://github.com/johnhemming/jitsibits

I have tried to make the licence fully compatible with jitsi.

Both of these could be done in a better way than I have, but for the moment I am simply trying to get things to work.


#2

Hey John,
I think it'd be easier if you forked the repo and then made your changes to
HandlerImpl in the fork...that way it will be easier to see what you've
changed (since we can see the diff from the original file) and easier to
merge them upstream (via a pull request).

-brian

···

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 5:08 AM, John Hemming <john@hemming.email> wrote:

I have put my java modifications for javascript REST access into github.
There are two things:

a) A stacktrace for when material is invalid so that it says more than
HTTP response 400.

b) responding to the HTTP OPTIONS method so that CORS does not complain.

https://github.com/johnhemming/jitsibits

I have tried to make the licence fully compatible with jitsi.

Both of these could be done in a better way than I have, but for the
moment I am simply trying to get things to work.

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#3

I will look at doing this later. For now all I have done is initial the changes I have made. I assume I don't need any authorisation to fork the repo. (I have not forked a repo before - I have come back to programming after I was fired from my job in 2015). (See below for details)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000568

···

On 13/01/2017 16:01, Brian Baldino wrote:

Hey John,
I think it'd be easier if you forked the repo and then made your changes to HandlerImpl in the fork...that way it will be easier to see what you've changed (since we can see the diff from the original file) and easier to merge them upstream (via a pull request).

-brian

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 5:08 AM, John Hemming <john@hemming.email > <mailto:john@hemming.email>> wrote:

    I have put my java modifications for javascript REST access into
    github. There are two things:

    a) A stacktrace for when material is invalid so that it says more
    than HTTP response 400.

    b) responding to the HTTP OPTIONS method so that CORS does not
    complain.

    https://github.com/johnhemming/jitsibits
    <https://github.com/johnhemming/jitsibits>

    I have tried to make the licence fully compatible with jitsi.

    Both of these could be done in a better way than I have, but for
    the moment I am simply trying to get things to work.

    _______________________________________________
    dev mailing list
    dev@jitsi.org <mailto:dev@jitsi.org>
    Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
    http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev
    <http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev>

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev


#4

Github has made that very simple -- there's actually a "fork" button on the top right on the project page. No authorization needed.

Boris

···

On 13/01/2017 11:46, John Hemming wrote:

I will look at doing this later. For now all I have done is initial the
changes I have made. I assume I don't need any authorisation to fork
the repo. (I have not forked a repo before


#5

Thanks. I will do this when I have got through the current hurdle. I really should do a better job of one of the changes anyway.

···

On 14/01/2017 04:05, Boris Grozev wrote:

On 13/01/2017 11:46, John Hemming wrote:

I will look at doing this later. For now all I have done is initial the
changes I have made. I assume I don't need any authorisation to fork
the repo. (I have not forked a repo before

Github has made that very simple -- there's actually a "fork" button on the top right on the project page. No authorization needed.

Boris

_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
dev@jitsi.org
Unsubscribe instructions and other list options:
http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev