[jitsi-dev] Missing TURN stay alive 0 to terminate if relay candidate not used for transport

Hello,

I have begun using Ice4j for my Android telephony project to replace a different solution.

There is one issue left which I would like to get some basic feedback: When a TURN server is part of the candidates then Ice4j creates an allocation. There is some code inside ice/harvest/TurnCandidateHarvest close() method that sends a stay alive with 0 to effectively terminate the session when it is no longer needed.

It appears to me that this is only invoked when the socket is the TURN server itself and when it was selected for transport. I installed my own TURN server in order to see if any termination requests come in, and the TURN session stays open. Because I create a new Agent on every outgoing and incoming call, the TURN server is unavailable until it times out by itself.

How would I be able to send a stay alive 0 request to the TURN server with the same credentials used to create the allocation every time it was part of the candidates but not selected for transport in order to be guaranteed a working reconnection on subsequent calls?

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Daniel Rueppel

Hi,

I posted the below message recently. The issue was due to a problem with my code, specifically, a thread that terminated too early for Ice4j to do all of its tasks.

There is no issue and Ice4j works as expected.

Thank you,
Daniel Rueppel

···

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Missing TURN stay alive 0 to terminate if relay candidate not used for transport
Date: August 10, 2015 at 6:58:16 PM GMT+2
To: dev@jitsi.org

Hello,

I have begun using Ice4j for my Android telephony project to replace a different solution.

There is one issue left which I would like to get some basic feedback: When a TURN server is part of the candidates then Ice4j creates an allocation. There is some code inside ice/harvest/TurnCandidateHarvest close() method that sends a stay alive with 0 to effectively terminate the session when it is no longer needed.

It appears to me that this is only invoked when the socket is the TURN server itself and when it was selected for transport. I installed my own TURN server in order to see if any termination requests come in, and the TURN session stays open. Because I create a new Agent on every outgoing and incoming call, the TURN server is unavailable until it times out by itself.

How would I be able to send a stay alive 0 request to the TURN server with the same credentials used to create the allocation every time it was part of the candidates but not selected for transport in order to be guaranteed a working reconnection on subsequent calls?

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Daniel Rueppel

Thanks for the update and glad to hear it works!

···

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 9:53 AM, DANIEL RUEPPEL <daniel.rueppel@me.com> wrote:

Hi,

I posted the below message recently. The issue was due to a problem with my
code, specifically, a thread that terminated too early for Ice4j to do all
of its tasks.

There is no issue and Ice4j works as expected.

Thank you,
Daniel Rueppel

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Missing TURN stay alive 0 to terminate if relay candidate not used
for transport
Date: August 10, 2015 at 6:58:16 PM GMT+2
To: dev@jitsi.org

Hello,

I have begun using Ice4j for my Android telephony project to replace a
different solution.

There is one issue left which I would like to get some basic feedback: When
a TURN server is part of the candidates then Ice4j creates an allocation.
There is some code inside ice/harvest/TurnCandidateHarvest close() method
that sends a stay alive with 0 to effectively terminate the session when it
is no longer needed.

It appears to me that this is only invoked when the socket is the TURN
server itself and when it was selected for transport. I installed my own
TURN server in order to see if any termination requests come in, and the
TURN session stays open. Because I create a new Agent on every outgoing and
incoming call, the TURN server is unavailable until it times out by itself.

How would I be able to send a stay alive 0 request to the TURN server with
the same credentials used to create the allocation every time it was part of
the candidates but not selected for transport in order to be guaranteed a
working reconnection on subsequent calls?

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Daniel Rueppel

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

--
https://jitsi.org