Hi Jitsi-Meet Devs,
Yes, a little later than promised, but we have released the first commit of our Jitsi-Meet compatible iOS application and library.
This release supports rendering of up to 5 participants and can be a participant simultaneously with other browser clients as demonstrated on “TheCall”.
There is still a bit of work to do, most importantly a bunch of clean up and upcoming repos to build some of the binary dependencies.
Our current list of TODO items include:
• Reorganize SDK library to build a multi-platform iOS Framework build.
• Integrate Cocoapods for 3rd party library dependancies
• Create Cocoapod for MeetRTCSDK library
• DataChannel support
• Dominant speaker support
• Currently XMPPFramework modifications only support XMPP over websocket, need to clean up and properly support full BOSH and TCP
• Swift API
• UI clean up and feature enhancements
Feedback and comments are welcome, but be patient as well continue to improve the app and library.
Thanks and glad to be finally starting to contribute back to the awesome work going on in the Jitsi community!