[jitsi-dev] JVM and Outlook crash probably caused by addressbook

Hello

I just had some JVM crashes (and in turn of my running Outlook 2010 rambling something that the JVM didn't close my offline cache file correctly) under the following conditions:

- create a registrarless SIP Account (e.g. john)
- call yourself by entering john@localhost
-> crash, or
- accept the call
-> crash, or
- disconnect
-> crash

Jitsis own log contains nothing interesting besides mentioning "No AAAA and A record found for localhost". The console sometimes displays this error message several times:

[java] net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookMAPIHResultException: MAPI_E_0x57
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.IMAPIProp_GetProps(Native Method)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.onMailUser(MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.java:253)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.access$000(MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.java:21)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery$1.callback(MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.java:364)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.foreachMailUser(Native Method)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.msoutlook.MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.run(MsOutlookAddrBookContactQuery.java:356)
     [java] at net.java.sip.communicator.plugin.addrbook.AsyncContactQuery$1.run(AsyncContactQuery.java:292)

MAPI_E_0x57 is actually MAPI_E_INVALID_PARAMETER.

Let me know if I can help with further information...

Regards,
Ingo

hs_err_pid7288.log (21.1 KB)

hs_err_pid5792.log (20.2 KB)

hs_err_pid6388.log (21.4 KB)

hs_err_pid7012.log (22.4 KB)

Thank you very much for the report! I've been looking at the exception
and the crash logs that you've sent us and I hope to be able to offer
a solution very soon. I did manage to reproduce the crash for the
first time a couple of hours ago with a "non-registrarless" SIP
account upon dialing a number (and, of course, it hasn't occurred
again since then in the same scenario).

···

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Bauersachs Ingo <ingo.bauersachs@fhnw.ch> wrote:

I just had some JVM crashes (and in turn of my running Outlook 2010 rambling something that the JVM didn't close my offline cache file correctly) under the following conditions:

- create a registrarless SIP Account (e.g. john)
- call yourself by entering john@localhost
-> crash, or
- accept the call
-> crash, or
- disconnect
-> crash

Hey Lyubomir

Thank you very much for the report! I've been looking at the exception
and the crash logs that you've sent us and I hope to be able to offer
a solution very soon. I did manage to reproduce the crash for the
first time a couple of hours ago with a "non-registrarless" SIP
account upon dialing a number (and, of course, it hasn't occurred
again since then in the same scenario).

I had the crashes now with two sip2sip accounts and its reproducible almost all the times. If you want to debug on my system, just let me know. Or if you have debug symbols for Visual Studio of the .dll available I can try to narrow it down myself.

Regards,
Ingo

I had the crashes now with two sip2sip accounts and its reproducible almost all the times.

Could you please try r8309? My crash dumps suggested there were
possibly two occurrences of null-pointer dereferencing.

If you want to debug on my system, just let me know.

Thank you very much for your support and patience!

Or if you have debug symbols for Visual Studio of the .dll available I can try to narrow it down myself.

I'm building with MinGW, I don't have Visual Studio.

···

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Bauersachs Ingo <ingo.bauersachs@fhnw.ch> wrote: