[jitsi-dev] jitsivideobridge and webrtc

Hello,

I am creating a native ios app to use jitsi videobridge. I have two paths i am working on. First i took the web rtc code, cleaned it up and separated it out of the app delegate and made it reusable for multiple sessions. I can access the test sever fine with mulitple video sessions.

second, i made an app to deal with xmpp and colibri to openfire with jitsi videobridge. i can establish user sesions, authentication, sigin, establish muliti user chats and do calls to collibri to establish video channels.

now, i am trying to put them together. i have no need for stun or turn, all this will operate within an internal network.

BEFORE i did more work on this, i tried using the vidoebridge from within jitsi client apps. I can not get that to work at all! i just get failed to establish because ssltcp is not a valid transport so i cant even be sure the set up that i have is viable. I have the source to jitsi client running in the debugger, and it has a similar problem.

Now, assuming my setup is viable, i need to get peerconnections to the videobridge after setting up the channels with collibri over xmpp. this is where i am running into confusion.

ANY input on whether this approach will work and any guidance will be very helpful.

(i intend to make the cleaned up webrtc available on git eventually as well)

Peter Mycue
pmycue@us.ibm.com
pmycue@gmail.com
704-626-9772

Hello,

I am creating a native ios app to use jitsi videobridge. I have two
paths i am working on. First i took the web rtc code, cleaned it up and
separated it out of the app delegate and made it reusable for multiple
sessions. I can access the test sever fine with mulitple video sessions.

second, i made an app to deal with xmpp and colibri to openfire with
jitsi videobridge. i can establish user sesions, authentication, sigin,
establish muliti user chats and do calls to collibri to establish video
channels.

now, i am trying to put them together. i have no need for stun or turn,
all this will operate within an internal network.

BEFORE i did more work on this, i tried using the vidoebridge from
within jitsi client apps. I can not get that to work at all! i just get
failed to establish because ssltcp is not a valid transport so i cant
even be sure the set up that i have is viable. I have the source to
jitsi client running in the debugger, and it has a similar problem.

Ah, this sounds like a newly introduced bug. As a workaround, you can set one of the following properties for jitsi-videobridge (by placing them in the $HOME/.sip-communicator/sip-communicator.properties):
org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLE_TCP_HARVESTER=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.TCP_HARVESTER_SSLTCP=false

Now, assuming my setup is viable, i need to get peerconnections to the
videobridge after setting up the channels with collibri over xmpp. this
is where i am running into confusion.

ANY input on whether this approach will work and any guidance will be
very helpful.

This is pretty much what we do in Jitsi Meet, so it is possible. It also depends on the browser, however -- not all browsers support multiple streams in one peer connection[0].

Regards,
Boris

[0] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=784517

···

On 09/10/14 03:05, Peter Mycue wrote:

Thank you Boris,

I tried those settings but they seemed to have no effect. i found the following property files

/Users/pmycue/.sip-communicator/sip-communicator.properties
/Users/pmycue/Library/Application Support/Jitsi/sip-communicator.properties
/Users/pmycue/Library/Application Support/Jitsi-dev/sip-communicator.properties

so i added it in all of them, restarted jitsi videobridge, launched jitsi client apps and still same thing. creating a videobridge and connect through it from mac and windows jitsi client apps.

I am running jvb like this:

//current directory is jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265 it contains only jitsi-videobridge.jar, jvb.sh, lib

./jvb.sh --secret=admin
09:28:31.506 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.service.libjitsi.LibJitsi.info() Successfully started LibJitsi using as implementation: org.jitsi.impl.libjitsi.LibJitsiOSGiImpl
09:28:31.595 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment

so i imagine the propeties i changed are not being accessed.

I still get the error, here is the complete text.

net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to create a call to sabrena@mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com/jitsi-2epuui3
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:2638)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:457)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:279)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:310)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:33)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.AbstractOperationSetTelephonyConferencing.createConfCall(AbstractOperationSetTelephonyConferencing.java:368)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetVideoBridgeImpl.createConfCall(OperationSetVideoBridgeImpl.java:92)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.call.CallManager$InviteToConferenceBridgeThread.run(CallManager.java:3145)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ssltcp is not a currently supported Transport
  at org.ice4j.Transport.parse(Transport.java:107)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.IceUdpTransportManager.startConnectivityEstablishment(IceUdpTransportManager.java:940)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.harvestCandidates(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:1176)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.createContentList(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:468)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.initiateSession(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:344)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallJabberImpl.initiateSession(CallJabberImpl.java:771)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:438)
  ... 6 more

Peter Mycue
pmycue@us.ibm.com
pmycue@gmail.com
704-626-9772

···

On Oct 9, 2014, at 3:00 AM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 09/10/14 03:05, Peter Mycue wrote:

Hello,

I am creating a native ios app to use jitsi videobridge. I have two
paths i am working on. First i took the web rtc code, cleaned it up and
separated it out of the app delegate and made it reusable for multiple
sessions. I can access the test sever fine with mulitple video sessions.

second, i made an app to deal with xmpp and colibri to openfire with
jitsi videobridge. i can establish user sesions, authentication, sigin,
establish muliti user chats and do calls to collibri to establish video
channels.

now, i am trying to put them together. i have no need for stun or turn,
all this will operate within an internal network.

BEFORE i did more work on this, i tried using the vidoebridge from
within jitsi client apps. I can not get that to work at all! i just get
failed to establish because ssltcp is not a valid transport so i cant
even be sure the set up that i have is viable. I have the source to
jitsi client running in the debugger, and it has a similar problem.

Ah, this sounds like a newly introduced bug. As a workaround, you can set one of the following properties for jitsi-videobridge (by placing them in the $HOME/.sip-communicator/sip-communicator.properties):
org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLE_TCP_HARVESTER=true
org.jitsi.videobridge.TCP_HARVESTER_SSLTCP=false

Now, assuming my setup is viable, i need to get peerconnections to the
videobridge after setting up the channels with collibri over xmpp. this
is where i am running into confusion.

ANY input on whether this approach will work and any guidance will be
very helpful.

This is pretty much what we do in Jitsi Meet, so it is possible. It also depends on the browser, however -- not all browsers support multiple streams in one peer connection[0].

Regards,
Boris

[0] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=784517

http://lists.jitsi.org/mailman/listinfo/dev

The rest of the videobridge output would be quite useful -- to see if the properties are being read, and to see the values of net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME and net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION

Boris

···

On 09/10/14 16:53, Peter Mycue wrote:

Thank you Boris,

I tried those settings but they seemed to have no effect. i found the
following property files

/Users/pmycue/Library/Application
Support/Jitsi-dev/sip-communicator.properties

so i added it in all of them, restarted jitsi videobridge, launched
jitsi client apps and still same thing. creating a videobridge and
connect through it from mac and windows jitsi client apps.

//current directory is jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265 it contains only
jitsi-videobridge.jar, jvb.sh, lib

./jvb.sh --secret=admin
09:28:31.506 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.service.libjitsi.LibJitsi.info()
Successfully started LibJitsi using as implementation:
org.jitsi.impl.libjitsi.LibJitsiOSGiImpl
09:28:31.595 INFO: [10]
org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info()
java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment

Hello Boris,

I want to thank you for taking the time to look at this. I have done so much wandering around and guesswork to get this far it is really good to know there are people out there willing to help.

AFTER re-starting NOT as root, it came up and used the new settings, then i got a failure on the first attempt, on second try it now works! i have had a successful video session between my mac and my win 7 machines.

the rest of this you can ignore or see i anything interests you. I now have a baseline that i can dissect and observe as i work on the ios side.

THANKS!

-Peter mycue

I think that when i relaunched the bridge i inadvertently did it as root, i tried again
sh-3.2#
sh-3.2# fg
./jvb.sh --secret=admin (wd: /Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265)

^Csh-3.2# exit
mycuesmbookpro2:jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265 pmycue$ ./jvb.sh --secret=admin
10:18:33.220 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.service.libjitsi.LibJitsi.info() Successfully started LibJitsi using as implementation: org.jitsi.impl.libjitsi.LibJitsiOSGiImpl
10:18:33.337 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
10:18:33.337 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp=true
10:18:33.338 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.boot.library.path=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib
10:18:33.339 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vm.version=25.20-b23
10:18:33.339 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() net.java.sip.communicator.impl.neomedia.video.maxbandwidth=2147483647
10:18:33.340 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() user.country.format=US_POSIX
10:18:33.341 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() gopherProxySet=false
10:18:33.341 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vm.vendor=Oracle Corporation
10:18:33.341 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vendor.url=http://java.oracle.com/
10:18:33.342 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() net.java.sip.communicator.service.media.MAX_PORT_NUMBER=20000
10:18:33.342 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() path.separator=:
10:18:33.343 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.util.logging.config.file=/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/logging.properties
10:18:33.343 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
10:18:33.344 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
10:18:33.345 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() user.country=US
10:18:33.345 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.java.launcher=SUN_STANDARD
10:18:33.346 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.os.patch.level=unknown
10:18:33.346 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() net.java.sip.communicator.service.media.DISABLE_AUDIO_SUPPORT=true
10:18:33.347 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.csrc.SsrcTransformEngine.dropMutedAudioSourceInReverseTransform=true
10:18:33.347 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
10:18:33.348 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() user.dir=/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265
10:18:33.348 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.runtime.version=1.8.0_20-b26
10:18:33.349 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.CGraphicsEnvironment
10:18:33.350 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.endorsed.dirs=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/endorsed
10:18:33.350 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() os.arch=x86_64
10:18:33.351 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.io.tmpdir=/var/folders/rc/kwsg35f50d39m34pm30w9rvc0000gq/T/
10:18:33.351 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() line.separator=

10:18:33.352 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vm.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation
10:18:33.353 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() os.name=Mac OS X
10:18:33.353 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.MIN_MEDIA_PORT_NUMBER=10000
10:18:33.354 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8
10:18:33.355 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() net.java.sip.communicator.CONFIGURATION_FILE_IS_READ_ONLY=true
10:18:33.355 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.library.path=/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/native/macosx
10:18:33.356 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
10:18:33.356 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.class.version=52.0
10:18:33.357 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() org.jitsi.service.audionotifier.AudioNotifierService=org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.notify.AudioNotifierServiceImpl
10:18:33.357 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() org.jitsi.videobridge.rest=false
10:18:33.358 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.management.compiler=HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
10:18:33.359 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() os.version=10.9.5
10:18:33.359 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() user.home=/Users/pmycue
10:18:33.360 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() user.timezone=America/New_York
10:18:33.360 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.awt.printerjob=sun.lwawt.macosx.CPrinterJob
10:18:33.361 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() file.encoding=UTF-8
10:18:33.361 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.specification.version=1.8
10:18:33.362 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() net.java.sip.communicator.service.media.DISABLE_VIDEO_SUPPORT=true
10:18:33.362 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.class.path=/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/jitsi-videobridge.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/bccontrib.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/bouncycastle.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/concurrentlinkedhashmap-lru.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/configuration.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/dnsservice.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/dom4j.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/fileaccess.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/jetty-http-9.1.5.v20140505.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/jetty-io-9.1.5.v20140505.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/jetty-server-9.1.5.v20140505.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/jetty-util-9.1.5.v20140505.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/jitsi-android-osgi.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/jnalib.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/json.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/libidn.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/libjitsi.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/netaddr.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/osgi.core.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/packetlogging.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/protocol-jabber.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/protocol-media.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/protocol.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/resourcemanager.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/servlet-api-3.1.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/sigar.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/slf4j-api.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/smack.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/smackx.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/tinder.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/ui-service.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/util.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/whack.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/xpp3.jar:/Users/pmycue/IBM_WORK/jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265/lib/zrtp4j.jar
10:18:33.363 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() user.name=pmycue
10:18:33.364 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vm.specification.version=1.8
10:18:33.364 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.java.command=org.jitsi.videobridge.Main --secret=admin
10:18:33.365 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.home=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
10:18:33.365 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.arch.data.model=64
10:18:33.366 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() user.language=en
10:18:33.366 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation
10:18:33.368 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() awt.toolkit=sun.lwawt.macosx.LWCToolkit
10:18:33.368 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vm.info=mixed mode
10:18:33.369 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.version=1.8.0_20
10:18:33.370 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.ext.dirs=/Users/pmycue/Library/Java/Extensions:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/ext:/Library/Java/Extensions:/Network/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Java/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
10:18:33.371 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.boot.class.path=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/resources.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/rt.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/sunrsasign.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jsse.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jce.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/charsets.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jfr.jar:/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_20.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/classes
10:18:33.376 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
10:18:33.378 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() file.separator=/
10:18:33.381 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() java.vendor.url.bug=http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/
10:18:33.386 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeBig
10:18:33.387 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.cpu.endian=little
10:18:33.388 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.transform.srtp.SRTPCryptoContext.checkReplay=false
10:18:33.389 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() net.java.sip.communicator.service.media.MIN_PORT_NUMBER=10000
10:18:33.389 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.MAX_MEDIA_PORT_NUMBER=20000
10:18:33.390 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() sun.cpu.isalist=
10:18:33.391 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() Normal classloader
10:18:33.392 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() failed to find jitsi-defaults.properties with class loader, will continue without it.
10:18:33.394 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() Normal classloader
10:18:33.395 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info() failed to find jitsi-default-overrides.properties with class loader, will continue without it.
10:18:33.887 INFO: [10] impl.resources.ResourceManagementActivator.start().70 Resource manager STARTED
10:18:33.889 INFO: [10] impl.resources.ResourceManagementActivator.start().79 Resource manager REGISTERED
10:18:33.994 INFO: [10] impl.netaddr.NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.start().81 Network Address Manager ...[ STARTED ]
10:18:33.995 INFO: [10] impl.netaddr.NetworkAddressManagerServiceImpl.start().87 Network Address Manager Service ...[REGISTERED]
10:18:34.008 INFO: [10] impl.packetlogging.PacketLoggingActivator.start().89 Packet Logging Service ...[REGISTERED]
10:18:35.384 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.videobridge.osgi.OSGiBundleActivator.info() org.jitsi.videobridge.TCP_HARVESTER_SSLTCP=false
10:18:35.384 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.videobridge.osgi.OSGiBundleActivator.info() net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME=.sip-communicator
10:18:35.385 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.videobridge.osgi.OSGiBundleActivator.info() org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLE_TCP_HARVESTER=true
10:18:35.385 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.videobridge.osgi.OSGiBundleActivator.info() net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION=/Users/pmycue
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

I do now see the new parameters being set properly!

THE FIRST ATTEMPT I got this

net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to create a call to sabrena@mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com/jitsi-2epuui3
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:2638)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:457)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:279)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:310)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:33)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.media.AbstractOperationSetTelephonyConferencing.createConfCall(AbstractOperationSetTelephonyConferencing.java:368)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetVideoBridgeImpl.createConfCall(OperationSetVideoBridgeImpl.java:92)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.gui.main.call.CallManager$InviteToConferenceBridgeThread.run(CallManager.java:3145)
Caused by: net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException: Failed to allocate colibri channel.
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:2636)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.TransportManagerJabberImpl.startCandidateHarvest(TransportManagerJabberImpl.java:422)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.IceUdpTransportManager.startCandidateHarvest(IceUdpTransportManager.java:607)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.TransportManagerJabberImpl.startCandidateHarvest(TransportManagerJabberImpl.java:487)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.harvestCandidates(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:1126)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.createContentList(CallPeerMediaHandlerJabberImpl.java:468)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallPeerJabberImpl.initiateSession(CallPeerJabberImpl.java:344)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.CallJabberImpl.initiateSession(CallJabberImpl.java:771)
  at net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:438)
  ... 6 more

The bridge output is this:

10:22:29.835 INFO: [24] org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.ComponentImpl.info() RECV: <iq id="X4KR3-23" to="jitsi-videobridge.mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com" type="get" from="peter@mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com/jitsi-2rn6k71"><conference xmlns="http://jitsi.org/protocol/colibri"><content name="audio"><channel initiator="false"><payload-type id="96" name="opus" channels="2" clockrate="48000"><parameter name="usedtx" value="1"/></payload-type><payload-type id="97" name="SILK" channels="1" clockrate="24000"/><payload-type id="98" name="SILK" channels="1" clockrate="16000"/><payload-type id="9" name="G722" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="100" name="speex" channels="1" clockrate="32000"/><payload-type id="102" name="speex" channels="1" clockrate="16000"/><payload-type id="0" name="PCMU" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="8" name="PCMA" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="103" name="iLBC" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="3" name="GSM" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="104" name="speex" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="101" name="telephone-event" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><transport xmlns="urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:ice-udp:1" ufrag="d0ie7" pwd="1uu54jkndmlq5kchm8c8f6u27m"><candidate foundation="1" component="1" protocol="udp" priority="2130706431" generation="0" id="1" ip="2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f" port="5000" type="host" network="0"/><candidate foundation="2" component="1" protocol="udp" priority="2130706431" generation="0" id="2" ip="2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="5000" type="host" network="0"/><candidate foundation="3" component="1" protocol="udp" priority="2113937151" generation="0" id="3" ip="fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="5000" type="host" network="0"/><candidate foundation="4" component="1" protocol="udp" priority="2113932031" generation="0" id="4" ip="9.2.218.140" port="5000" type="host" network="0"/><candidate foundation="5" component="1" protocol="udp" priority="1677724415" generation="0" id="5" ip="129.34.20.23" port="5000" type="srflx" rel-addr="9.2.218.140" rel-port="5000" network="0"/><candidate foundation="1" component="2" protocol="udp" priority="2130706430" generation="0" id="6" ip="2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f" port="5001" type="host" network="0"/><candidate foundation="2" component="2" protocol="udp" priority="2130706430" generation="0" id="7" ip="2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="5001" type="host" network="0"/><candidate foundation="3" component="2" protocol="udp" priority="2113937150" generation="0" id="8" ip="fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="5001" type="host" network="0"/><candidate foundation="4" component="2" protocol="udp" priority="2113932030" generation="0" id="9" ip="9.2.218.140" port="5001" type="host" network="0"/><candidate foundation="5" component="2" protocol="udp" priority="1677724414" generation="0" id="10" ip="129.34.20.23" port="5001" type="srflx" rel-addr="9.2.218.140" rel-port="5001" network="0"/></transport></channel><channel initiator="true"><payload-type id="96" name="opus" channels="2" clockrate="48000"><parameter name="usedtx" value="1"/></payload-type><payload-type id="97" name="SILK" channels="1" clockrate="24000"/><payload-type id="98" name="SILK" channels="1" clockrate="16000"/><payload-type id="9" name="G722" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="100" name="speex" channels="1" clockrate="32000"/><payload-type id="102" name="speex" channels="1" clockrate="16000"/><payload-type id="0" name="PCMU" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="8" name="PCMA" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="103" name="iLBC" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="3" name="GSM" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="104" name="speex" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><payload-type id="101" name="telephone-event" channels="1" clockrate="8000"/><transport xmlns="urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:ice-udp:1"/></channel></content></conference></iq>
10:22:29.919 INFO: [24] org.jitsi.videobridge.Videobridge.info() Created conference 2abb401dc62d240f. The total number of conferences is now 1, channels 0.
10:22:29.929 INFO: [24] org.jitsi.videobridge.Conference.info() Created content audio of conference 2abb401dc62d240f. The total number of conferences is now 1, channels 0.
10:22:34.188 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.gatherCandidates() Gather candidates for component audio.RTP
10:22:34.223 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10000/udp (host)
10:22:34.226 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10000/udp (host)
10:22:34.226 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10000/udp (host)
10:22:34.227 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() 9.2.218.140:10000/udp (host)
10:22:34.228 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.gatherCandidates() Gather candidates for component audio.RTCP
10:22:34.235 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10001/udp (host)
10:22:34.235 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10001/udp (host)
10:22:34.236 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10001/udp (host)
10:22:34.237 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() 9.2.218.140:10001/udp (host)
10:22:34.351 INFO: [24] org.jitsi.videobridge.Content.info() Created channel 1693cbca4565a35c of content audio of conference 2abb401dc62d240f. The total number of conferences is now 1, channels 1.
10:22:34.416 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTP: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5000/udp/host
10:22:34.418 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTP: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5000/udp/host
10:22:34.419 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTP: [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5000/udp/host
10:22:34.420 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTP: 9.2.218.140:5000/udp/host
10:22:34.420 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTCP: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5001/udp/host
10:22:34.421 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTCP: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5001/udp/host
10:22:34.422 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTCP: [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5001/udp/host
10:22:34.423 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTCP: 9.2.218.140:5001/udp/host
10:22:34.423 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTP: 129.34.20.23:5000/udp/srflx
10:22:34.424 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Component.addRemoteCandidate() Add remote candidate for audio.RTCP: 129.34.20.23:5001/udp/srflx
10:22:34.425 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.startConnectivityEstablishment() Start ICE connectivity establishment
10:22:34.425 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.initCheckLists() Init checklist for stream audio
10:22:34.439 INFO: [24] org.jitsi.videobridge.IceUdpTransportManager.info() ICE processing state of IceUdpTransportManager #4e5ee6b0 (for channels 1693cbca4565a35c) of conference 2abb401dc62d240f changed from Waiting to Running.
10:22:34.439 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.startChecks() Start connectivity checks!
10:22:34.602 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair succeeded: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10000/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP)
10:22:34.602 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair validated: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10000/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP)
10:22:34.603 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() IsControlling: false USE-CANDIDATE:false
10:22:34.616 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair succeeded: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10000/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP)
10:22:34.616 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair validated: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10000/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP)
10:22:34.617 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() IsControlling: false USE-CANDIDATE:false
10:22:34.643 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair succeeded: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10000/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP)
10:22:34.644 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair validated: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10000/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP)
10:22:34.644 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() IsControlling: false USE-CANDIDATE:false
10:22:34.663 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair succeeded: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10000/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP)
10:22:34.664 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair validated: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10000/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP)
10:22:34.664 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() IsControlling: false USE-CANDIDATE:false
10:22:34.691 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair succeeded: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10001/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP)
10:22:34.691 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair validated: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10001/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP)
10:22:34.692 INFO: [32] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() IsControlling: false USE-CANDIDATE:false
10:22:34.723 INFO: [33] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair succeeded: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10001/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP)
10:22:34.723 INFO: [33] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair validated: [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10001/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP)
10:22:34.725 INFO: [33] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() IsControlling: false USE-CANDIDATE:false
10:22:34.755 INFO: [33] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair succeeded: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10001/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP)
10:22:34.756 INFO: [33] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair validated: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10001/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP)
10:22:34.757 INFO: [33] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() IsControlling: false USE-CANDIDATE:false
10:22:34.766 INFO: [31] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair succeeded: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10001/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP)
10:22:34.767 INFO: [31] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() Pair validated: [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10001/udp/host -> [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP)
10:22:34.767 INFO: [31] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processSuccessResponse() IsControlling: false USE-CANDIDATE:false
10:22:34.881 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.gatherCandidates() Gather candidates for component audio.RTP
10:22:34.892 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10002/udp (host)
10:22:34.894 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10002/udp (host)
10:22:34.895 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10002/udp (host)
10:22:34.895 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() 9.2.218.140:10002/udp (host)
10:22:34.896 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.gatherCandidates() Gather candidates for component audio.RTCP
10:22:34.906 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f]:10003/udp (host)
10:22:34.907 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10003/udp (host)
10:22:34.908 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10003/udp (host)
10:22:34.909 INFO: [24] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.createComponent() 9.2.218.140:10003/udp (host)
10:22:34.910 INFO: [24] org.jitsi.videobridge.Content.info() Created channel c5061256a22950c0 of content audio of conference 2abb401dc62d240f. The total number of conferences is now 1, channels 2.
10:22:35.967 INFO: [24] org.jitsi.videobridge.xmpp.ComponentImpl.info() SENT: <iq type="result" id="X4KR3-23" from="jitsi-videobridge.mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com" to="peter@mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com/jitsi-2rn6k71"><conference xmlns="http://jitsi.org/protocol/colibri" id="2abb401dc62d240f"><content name="audio"><channel expire="60" id="1693cbca4565a35c" initiator="false" rtp-level-relay-type="translator"><source xmlns="urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:rtp:ssma:0" ssrc="1483457557"></source><transport xmlns="urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:ice-udp:1" pwd="3i3fj9fln9vnpfkkt7qsl93ti9" ufrag="1b6be193qkkd0i"><fingerprint xmlns="urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:dtls:0" hash="sha-1">A8:84:FA:F6:A0:A3:25:9E:2D:F3:64:6F:F6:80:92:A5:8D:CF:AB:04</fingerprint><candidate component="1" foundation="1" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4e5ee6b04013a3a304113839c" network="0" priority="2130706431" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f" port="10000"/><candidate component="1" foundation="2" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4e5ee6b04013a3a307abd5400" network="0" priority="2130706431" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="10000"/><candidate component="1" foundation="3" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4e5ee6b04013a3a3027eefe4f" network="0" priority="2113937151" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="10000"/><candidate component="1" foundation="4" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4e5ee6b04013a3a307abc864d" network="0" priority="2113932031" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="9.2.218.140" port="10000"/><candidate component="2" foundation="1" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4e5ee6b04013a3a301583810c" network="0" priority="2130706430" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f" port="10001"/><candidate component="2" foundation="2" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4e5ee6b04013a3a3058ecae8" network="0" priority="2130706430" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="10001"/><candidate component="2" foundation="3" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4e5ee6b04013a3a3055425090" network="0" priority="2113937150" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="10001"/><candidate component="2" foundation="4" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4e5ee6b04013a3a304bd22a9b" network="0" priority="2113932030" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="9.2.218.140" port="10001"/></transport></channel><channel expire="60" id="c5061256a22950c0" initiator="true" rtp-level-relay-type="translator"><source xmlns="urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:rtp:ssma:0" ssrc="1483457557"></source><transport xmlns="urn:xmpp:jingle:transports:ice-udp:1" pwd="4mj56qgtbfrveb56rj7hjp9be8" ufrag="7nka0193qkkds0"><fingerprint xmlns="urn:xmpp:jingle:apps:dtls:0" hash="sha-1">1A:76:99:5E:51:20:0D:25:4B:36:1E:FA:59:AA:D0:E7:79:4E:94:F5</fingerprint><candidate component="1" foundation="1" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4250590c2ba7175805ad0b504" network="0" priority="2130706431" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f" port="10002"/><candidate component="1" foundation="2" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4250590c2ba7175801a3dd53d" network="0" priority="2130706431" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="10002"/><candidate component="1" foundation="3" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4250590c2ba7175805072d2b5" network="0" priority="2113937151" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="10002"/><candidate component="1" foundation="4" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4250590c2ba717580437c0234" network="0" priority="2113932031" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="9.2.218.140" port="10002"/><candidate component="2" foundation="1" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4250590c2ba7175801cdbf7ca" network="0" priority="2130706430" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="2001:468:913:2044:558c:f8f6:b9df:6e0f" port="10003"/><candidate component="2" foundation="2" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4250590c2ba71758068bb5d51" network="0" priority="2130706430" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="2001:468:913:2044:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="10003"/><candidate component="2" foundation="3" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4250590c2ba7175802e1add89" network="0" priority="2113937150" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186" port="10003"/><candidate component="2" foundation="4" generation="0" id="2abb401dc62d240f4250590c2ba717580d5407dc" network="0" priority="2113932030" protocol="udp" type="host" ip="9.2.218.140" port="10003"/></transport></channel></content></conference></iq>
10:22:41.089 INFO: [45] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processTimeout() timeout for pair: [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10000/udp/host -> [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP), failing.
10:22:41.117 INFO: [46] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processTimeout() timeout for pair: 9.2.218.140:10000/udp/host -> 9.2.218.140:5000/udp/host (audio.RTP), failing.
10:22:41.151 INFO: [47] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processTimeout() timeout for pair: 9.2.218.140:10000/udp/host -> 129.34.20.23:5000/udp/srflx (audio.RTP), failing.
10:22:41.177 INFO: [48] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processTimeout() timeout for pair: [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:10001/udp/host -> [fe80:0:0:0:5ab0:35ff:fef1:7186]:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP), failing.
10:22:41.197 INFO: [53] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processTimeout() timeout for pair: 9.2.218.140:10001/udp/host -> 9.2.218.140:5001/udp/host (audio.RTCP), failing.
10:22:41.220 INFO: [61] org.ice4j.ice.ConnectivityCheckClient.processTimeout() timeout for pair: 9.2.218.140:10001/udp/host -> 129.34.20.23:5001/udp/srflx (audio.RTCP), failing.
10:24:34.160 INFO: [13] org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamImpl.info()
Receive stream stats: discarded RTP packets: 0
Receive stream stats: decoded with FEC: 0
10:24:34.167 INFO: [13] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.free() Free ICE agent
10:24:34.168 INFO: [13] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.free() remove streams
10:24:34.172 INFO: [44] org.jitsi.videobridge.IceUdpTransportManager.info() Cannot start DTLS, no sockets from ICE.
10:24:34.176 INFO: [13] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.free() remove stream audio
10:24:34.177 INFO: [13] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.free() ICE agent freed
10:24:34.178 INFO: [13] org.jitsi.videobridge.Channel.info() Expired channel 1693cbca4565a35c of content audio of conference 2abb401dc62d240f. The total number of conferences is now 1, channels 1.
10:24:34.179 INFO: [13] org.jitsi.impl.neomedia.MediaStreamImpl.info()
Receive stream stats: discarded RTP packets: 0
Receive stream stats: decoded with FEC: 0
10:24:34.180 INFO: [13] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.free() Free ICE agent
10:24:34.181 INFO: [13] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.free() remove streams
10:24:34.182 INFO: [62] org.jitsi.videobridge.IceUdpTransportManager.info() Cannot start DTLS, no sockets from ICE.
10:24:34.188 INFO: [13] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.free() remove stream audio
10:24:34.189 INFO: [13] org.ice4j.ice.Agent.free() ICE agent freed
10:24:34.189 INFO: [13] org.jitsi.videobridge.Channel.info() Expired channel c5061256a22950c0 of content audio of conference 2abb401dc62d240f. The total number of conferences is now 1, channels 0.

which looks like it is trying to do the right things.

The second attempt worked!

Peter Mycue
pmycue@us.ibm.com
pmycue@gmail.com
704-626-9772

···

On Oct 9, 2014, at 10:10 AM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 09/10/14 16:53, Peter Mycue wrote:

Thank you Boris,

I tried those settings but they seemed to have no effect. i found the
following property files

/Users/pmycue/Library/Application
Support/Jitsi-dev/sip-communicator.properties

so i added it in all of them, restarted jitsi videobridge, launched
jitsi client apps and still same thing. creating a videobridge and
connect through it from mac and windows jitsi client apps.

//current directory is jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265 it contains only
jitsi-videobridge.jar, jvb.sh, lib

./jvb.sh --secret=admin
09:28:31.506 INFO: [10] org.jitsi.service.libjitsi.LibJitsi.info()
Successfully started LibJitsi using as implementation:
org.jitsi.impl.libjitsi.LibJitsiOSGiImpl
09:28:31.595 INFO: [10]
org.jitsi.impl.configuration.ConfigurationServiceImpl.info()
java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment

The rest of the videobridge output would be quite useful -- to see if the properties are being read, and to see the values of net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_NAME and net.java.sip.communicator.SC_HOME_DIR_LOCATION

Boris

Hello Boris,

I want to thank you for taking the time to look at this. I have done so
much wandering around and guesswork to get this far it is really good to
know there are people out there willing to help.

AFTER re-starting NOT as root, it came up and used the new settings,
then i got a failure on the first attempt, on second try it now works!
  i have had a successful video session between my mac and my win 7
machines.

You are welcome. I'm glad you got it to work.

net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
Failed to create a call to sabrena@mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com
<mailto:sabrena@mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com>/jitsi-2epuui3
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:2638)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:457)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:279)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:310)

Is this from Jitsi stable or nightly? I think Pawel fixed it in
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi/commit/8542184e2b2d08006c737164e359ee45a7b7b9ef

Regards,
Boris

···

On 09/10/14 17:33, Peter Mycue wrote:

Boris,

It is not the nightly, it is named jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265. Now that it is working and seems stable, i am not gonna touch it until i have to! Eventually there may be some kind of extensions we may want to make but that is far off.

Now i am getting to the hard part! getting the streams connected from the ios side, hopefully using webrtc code for jingle and codecs. I know little about jingle so it is sure going to be interesting.

Thanks again,

Peter Mycue
pmycue@us.ibm.com
pmycue@gmail.com
704-626-9772

···

On Oct 9, 2014, at 11:41 AM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 09/10/14 17:33, Peter Mycue wrote:

Hello Boris,

I want to thank you for taking the time to look at this. I have done so
much wandering around and guesswork to get this far it is really good to
know there are people out there willing to help.

AFTER re-starting NOT as root, it came up and used the new settings,
then i got a failure on the first attempt, on second try it now works!
i have had a successful video session between my mac and my win 7
machines.

You are welcome. I'm glad you got it to work.

net.java.sip.communicator.service.protocol.OperationFailedException:
Failed to create a call to sabrena@mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com
<mailto:sabrena@mycuesmbookpro2.watson.ibm.com>/jitsi-2epuui3
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.throwOperationFailedException(ProtocolProviderServiceJabberImpl.java:2638)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:457)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.createOutgoingCall(OperationSetBasicTelephonyJabberImpl.java:279)
at
net.java.sip.communicator.impl.protocol.jabber.OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.doInviteCalleeToCall(OperationSetTelephonyConferencingJabberImpl.java:310)

Is this from Jitsi stable or nightly? I think Pawel fixed it in
https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi/commit/8542184e2b2d08006c737164e359ee45a7b7b9ef

Regards,
Boris

My question was regarding the Jitsi client -- the OperationFailedException that you reported was from there, wasn't it?

Regards,
Boris

···

On 09/10/14 19:11, Peter Mycue wrote:

Boris,

It is not the nightly, it is named jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265.

The jitsi client is from nightly build as of last week. The project set itself up properly with git automatically. i do not know if it has updated itself since though. I have so many balls in the air with this app it is hard to keep track.

I am going to have quite a flurry of questions and problems over the next week, I do not know what the protocol is but i hope i can do something more tangible to thank you for any help.

Now, i have pushed on to the next step. I have managed to respond to all the discovery and i now get a call session being initiated. I am going over all that debug info now.

Peter Mycue
pmycue@us.ibm.com
pmycue@gmail.com
704-626-9772

···

On Oct 9, 2014, at 12:16 PM, Boris Grozev <boris@jitsi.org> wrote:

On 09/10/14 19:11, Peter Mycue wrote:

Boris,

It is not the nightly, it is named jitsi-videobridge-macosx-265.

My question was regarding the Jitsi client -- the OperationFailedException that you reported was from there, wasn't it?

Regards,
Boris